Part 30

*Andy’s POV*

I quickened my walking pace when I saw Rye at his locker with his head almost shoved completely inside of it. Right when I got to his locker, he shut it and turned to walk away. “Rye,” I called out while reaching for his sleeve.

He turned around so his covered eyes would meet with mine. His lip was busted and swollen, and he was wearing sunglasses, obviously to cover up his black eye. His cheek looked as if it was broken by how swollen and bruised it was, and there were cuts that went across it from the knuckles of his father, of course.

“What do you want, Andy,” Rye asked in an annoyed voice that seemed far less friendly than any other time he’s greeted me.

“Are we not gonna talk about what the hell happened last night? You kicked me out of your house before I even had a chance to see if you were okay.” Rye rolled his eyes at my words and pulled his arm away from my grasp slightly.

“It’s not a big deal, Andy. Just drop it, okay? Look at me, I’m obviously fine,” he said as he ripped his sunglasses off and motioned to his body.

“No, Ryan. It’s not okay that your dad fucking hits you,” I yelled in anger. Rye looked around to see if the people around us heard anything before shoving me backwards into the loo. He checked the stalls to make sure we were alone before turning to look at me again.

“What the hell, Andy? Were you just trying to let everyone know that my dad is fucking abusive?”

“I don’t see that it’s a problem since it’s ‘not a big deal’,” I snapped back at him as I made air quotes around my words, obviously mocking him.

“Just stop, Andy. I don't want people knowing about this,” he begged, his expression immediately changing from angry to desperate.

“Ryan, you live in an abusive household, and not only you, but your brothers too. I can't just not tell anyone!”

“Andy I'm begging you to keep your fucking mouth shut.”

“Ryan-”

“Andy, please,” he begged once more. His eyes were practically digging into my soul, well his eye. The one that wasn't swollen.

I groaned with a roll of my eyes and turned to face the door. “Fine,” I mumbled with an upset expression.

I swung the door open and left without waiting for a response from him, deciding to go to class before I'm late. I stopped by my locker to get the books I needed before going to finish the rest of the school day. But the thought of Ryan wouldn't leave my mind. What I just learned about his father.

How could he expect me not to tell anyone? His dad abuses his little brothers and him, and he expects me to keep that a secret. He's a real idiot if he believes that I'm just going to let him live like this.

Now off to start the long school day that awaits me.

*Rye's POV*

I'm so fucking stupid. Why did I think that I was lucky enough to not have my dad come home. Now I have to just hope that Andy keeps his mouth shut.

I shoved my books into my bag for the classes I would be missing and slung the bag over my shoulder. I went to the first three hours, I'll skip the next few, and I'll be back in time for the last two.

Walking towards the door, I looked in the glass of the trophy case to see my reflection. I, of course, looked like absolute garbage due to the amount of bruises and swelling on my face.

I walked out of the front door of the school and straight to the expensive car that held the tattoo covered boy. The door unlocked, and I quickly got in to get away from the cold weather.