Part 22

*Rye's POV*

“Have a seat, Ryan,” one of the large men said to me as we entered the empty classroom. There were open desks all over the room so I sat down in the seat closest to the doorway. My eyes drifted from one guard to the other, wondering where the third guard had run off to.

“Mr. Osmond,” he said while motioning to the janitor, “saw two boys at this school being dangerously touchy with each other.”

I widened my eyes and put a shocked look on my face as if what they said surprised me even the slightest bit. “Okay,” I replied in a confused voice. I looked the guards in the eyes as I spoke, trying to seem as confident and as innocent as possible. “What does that have to do with me?”

“We have heard that you are the star of the football team, and you are one of the most popular kids at this school,” the other guard pitched in while leaning against the door.

“Used to be,” I corrected, with a slight smile. “I kind of fled from that crowd. There all fake, ya know?”

“That’s not the point, Mr. Beaumont,” the one who seemed to be in charge replied back in a pushy voice. He put his hands on my desk and leaned towards me slightly. “The point is that you know a lot of people at this school, right?”

I slowly nodded my head, but said nothing. “Okay, so we would like your opinion. Are there any kids at your school that you can think of that might be illegally gay?”

“Honestly, the guys I know all seem like the exact opposite actually. Every guy I know seems to try their hardest to seem completely normal because they are so scared of being wrongly accused of being gay,” I replied while leaning back in the desk and crossing my arms over my chest in a relaxed manner.

I probably seemed really chill and calm on the outside, and that’s exactly what I am going for. I may look like I have my shit together, but I’m a mess on the inside. My anxiety is absolutely raging.

He sighed while looking at the other guard and then back at me again. “There’s not a single person you can think of,” he asked in a depressed voice.

“Well I mean, Tyler -the one in journalism- sometimes acts a little off, but no one else,” I felt kind of bad for mentioning Tyler, but he’s an asshole anyway.

He nodded his head while leaning off of the desk again. “Okay, thank you for your participation, Ryan. You may go to class now.”

I nodded and stood from the desk, making my way to the door. The guard that had been leaning on the door moved out of my way, and I reached for the door handle. Once the door was cracked open, a voice from behind me stopped me.

“Don’t forget this,” I turned around to see the guard handing me my Biology book. I thankfully grabbed it, but his grip didn’t loosen. “But I feel the need to tell you that I’m pretty sure you don’t have Biology next. If I’m correct, your next class is Trigonometry.”

I gulped in nervousness while yanking the book from his grasp. “Thanks, but I think I know my own schedule,” I snapped back at him, turning around without another word.

*Andy’s POV*

There were guards in the hall earlier, so I was probably acting a little fidgety. They always made me nervous. I immediately would get the feeling around them that they knew about how I felt for Rye.

I nervously tapped my pencil against my desk anxiously, waiting for Spanish class to be over, not listening to a single word the professor had said. The door cracked open, and my head whipped to the side for my eyes to be met with those of the guard. “Sorry to interrupt, but I need to speak to Tyler Omega.”

The professor looked over at Tyler and motioned for him to go with the guards. After he left, we went back to class as if everything was normal, but we all had to wonder if Tyler would ever be coming back through that door again.

After a few more minutes of sitting in this desk, being taught in a language that I didn’t understand, the school bell rang, signifying class was over. I was broken out of my thoughts and immediately started picking up my books to leave. I stood from my desk, but before I could leave, the professor stopped me.

“Andy, could you come here for a minute,” he asked, and I politely did so, standing by his desk, quietly waiting for him to go on. He held up a finger for me, telling me to wait as he walked over to the door. “Ryan, may I speak to you?”

Ryan? Please don’t be Rye. I don’t know if I can stand seeing him, knowing he hates me. Please be a different Ryan. Please.

The professor came back into the classroom with Rye on his tail. Of course it’s Ryan Beaumont. Just my luck. Rye looked at me and then back at the floor with a gulp.

“Ryan, here, has volunteered many times to tutor different students, and he has asked me many times before if I ever needed anyone to get help. Andy, as you know, you are failing my class as of right now, and I think that having someone your own age teach you will help you to learn it easier,” he said with a smile, obviously thinking he was doing me a favor.

“Is there no one else to tutor him,” Rye asked in a begging voice. I bit my lower lip as I stared at the floor, not wanting Rye to know how much those words killed me. Why does he despise me so much? What did I do to deserve his hate? Was I really just that awful to be around?

“No, but what’s the problem, Ryan? You have asked me time and time before if anyone ever needed help, and now someone finally does,” he said as he sat down at his desk.

Rye was about to speak, but I quickly interrupted him. “The problem is me, sir. Ryan doesn’t really care for me,” I spoke before biting my lip even harder than before.

“Well, Ryan is going to have to get over his personal problems so he can keep his word,” Rye looked confused so the professor continued. “Ryan told me that is anyone, anyone at all, ever needed tutoring in Spanish, he would do it.”

Rye sighed and nodded his head. “Ok, there’s no beef between Andy and me. I’m fine with him really,” Rye said with a sheepish smile.

“Ok, great! Are you still open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays,” the professor asked with a smile now planted on his face.

Rye nodded his head while keeping his eyes on the floor. My hands toyed with the hem of my shirt in nervousness as the brand new anxiety came rushing in. “Ok, you two aren’t allowed to do it in the school library because you might get a little loud, so you will have to sort out whose house you will be going to. Anyway, that’s all I needed. Thank you boys.”

I nodded while turning to leave the room. Once I was in the hallway, a strong grip on my arm stopped me from continuing. I turned to face Rye who had a courteous smile on his face. “We can start Monday at your house.”

I nodded at his words, and he let go of my arm. I flashed him a quick smile before turning around to finish the rest of the day.

A/N- Ooooh y'all can thank the Spanish professor for being the first step to getting Randy back lol anyway thank y’all so much for getting this book to 14K THAT’S INCREDIBLE!!! Please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx