Part 23

*Mikey’s POV*

Harvey wheeled me out of the hospital in my wheelchair all the way to his car. “I told you I don’t need a wheelchair, Harv,” I said in a drunken sounding voice that I couldn’t quite control.

“I know you think you’re fine, but the doctors had to give you a hell of a lot of pain medication in order to fix your arm,” he said with a laugh while opening the door of the backseat for me.

He put his hand out for me to grab, but I pushed it away. “I’m fine, and they are over dramatic,” I said with a laugh. “And I can get up on my own.” Harvey sent me that same gorgeous smile and took a step back to let me do it on my own. I put my hands on the edge and pushed up so I was standing.

Once I was all the way up, I immediately started falling towards the ground again. Harvey reached out for me and caught me before I could fall down. “I told you,” he managed to get out with a laugh as he pushed me into the backseat of his car.

Once he got in the front seat, he looked at me through the rearview mirror. “You want me to take you home?”

“Nah, take me to the school. That’s where my car is,” I replied while staring down at the black cast that was covering my arm.

“You can’t drive in this condition, Mikey. I’ll take you back to my place until you are better,” he said with a laugh.

“I WANT A TACO,” I randomly yelled out, still not quite being in control of my voice. Harvey laughed at my words, and my anxiety started to rise. Absolutely anything could come out of my mouth tonight.

***

“Mum, Dad, I’m home,” Harvey called out while walking into the house with my arm on his shoulder, still dizzy from the pain medication.

A woman came walking into the room who I immediately recognized as his mother. She smiled when she saw the two of us and wiped her hands on a rag that she was holding. “Ok,” she had a sweet comforting voice. “Take him to the couch, then come help me with dinner, hun.”

Harvey nodded in return and helped me walk over to the couch. Once I sat down, he turned and left the room to go back into the kitchen. Once he was out of view, I immediately heard a loud voice.

“What the hell do you think you were doing young man? Are you really doing this again? I thought you had learned from the last time you turned into a total shithead! I will ground you from every single thing that you say belongs to you, Harvey, and this is not just an empty threat…” I started feeling awkward, hearing him being yelled at by his mother, and began to fiddle with the pill bottle in my hand.

The pain in my arm was much stronger than in had been a few minutes ago, and I'm starting to think that the pain medication is wearing off. I opened the bottle, and a few pills fell on the floor. When I went to pick them up, I heard Harvey come back into the room so I quickly shoved the pills in my mouth so he wouldn't see them...I honestly have no idea why.

Harvey walked completely back into the room and sat on the couch beside me with a sigh, not noticing my mouth was closed tightly to keep the pills in. He let out a light chuckle while running his fingers through his hair. “Well this is awkward and slightly embarrassing.”

I chuckled quietly, staring into his eyes while swallowing the few pills in my mouth. “Yep a pretty awkward taco,” my mind was racing because of all of the medication I was on. He stared back into my eyes, his smile slowly starting to fade. “Hey, Harvey,” I started, and his eyebrows raised in question. “I think I’m in love with you. Oops."

*Rye’s POV*

I slowly cracked the front door open, being completely dead from football practice, but still trying my best to be quiet. The house was completely silent. No TV noise. No Dad. No boys. I quickly threw my bags down and ran to my brothers’ room. When I looked in, neither one of them was there.

I quickly left the room, going to my dad’s now. Looking into the room, I saw no one except for an unmade bed. I walked over to it and placed my hands on the sheets. The sheets weren’t warm which means that my dad didn’t leave anytime recently.

Getting really worried, I ran outside of the house to my neighbor’s because the boys would often come over here for snacks. After a couple knocks, the door opened, revealing the sweet old lady who has lived next door to us for as long as I can remember.

“Ryan, what a delightful surprise,” she exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back before pulling away. She noticed my facial expression and she immediately turned grim. “What’s happened?”

“I can’t find my little brothers, so I was wondering if they were over here,” I said in a hopeful voice.

“No, I’m sorry, hun.”

“Ok, well have you seen them,” I asked in a once again hopeful voice.

“Yeah, I think I saw them walk down the sidewalk a bit ago, heading that way,” she said as she pointed down the street. I ran down the stairs to go down the sidewalk.

Before I took off I turned to look back at her and waved. “Thank you for all your help.” I turned back around and started sprinting down the street in search for the boys. I had probably been running for about thirty minutes until I finally saw a recognizable neon green shirt going in the back door of someone’s house.

I ran to the front of the house and knocked on the door quite loudly. I heard a woman yell through the door, then the door opened to reveal a too familiar face. “Oh hey Rye, you’re probably here for your brothers, huh,” Andy asked while opening the door wider for me to come in.

I had been so worried about my brothers that I didn’t even notice whose house I was outside of, so I had no time to mentally prepare to see Andy. I walked into the warm house, and the door shut behind me. Andy motioned for me to follow him, and I quickly did as I took in my surroundings, memorizing everything about the house of the boy I once loved. The boy I have been trying to stop loving.

I walked into the kitchen to see the twins sitting at a table, eating casserole together, not looking at me even for a single second. My jaw dropped as I looked at the two boys and then at Andy’s mother who was drying her hands off while walking towards me.

“Rye, I would like to talk to you alone in the other room please,” she said in a sweet voice while walking out of the kitchen, motioning for me to follow her. I quickly did so while gulping, hoping that she wouldn’t happen to mention anything too specific.

A/N- Thank y’all so much for reading!! Sorry the last couple of chapters have been boring and pretty short, but I promise things will get good soon!! Just bare with me please!! Anyway please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx