Part 15

*Rye’s POV*

I sat curled in the corner where my father left me, clutching onto my stomach, just wishing that the pain would leave. Physically and emotionally. My jagged breathing was starting to come to a normal pace since I have been sitting here for at least fifteen minutes.

Everytime I had tried to move, the pain in my torso was too much to handle. I took a deep breath as I put my hands on the floor beneath me. I pushed up and using all of my strength got up. I quickly walked over to my bed where I fell down again.

Once I was lying in the bed as comfortably as I would get, being in this much pain, my eyes moved over to the door. It had a large crack going down the middle, and there was a large chunk missing where the handle used to be.

I knew that when I refused to open the door to my dad that he would be extra hard on me, but I didn’t care. I had to make sure Andy was at a safe distance before my dad came in or else Andy could’ve been seen, and who knows what my dad would do.

Just thinking of Andy made my heart ache, knowing he was probably never going to talk to me again now. I just destroyed everything I had been working to build. But I guess that’s a good thing. He is going to be married next year. I’m not his soulmate, and we are both guys.

It’s not like we could ever actually have anything even if he was illegally gay. So it’s for the best that I accidentally destroyed any hopes of ever getting Andy to like me. I should keep my distance anyway. It’s better for us both. I will just break him and destroy his life if he randomly does start liking me.

He has his life planned with Clytte, and I guess it could be worse. So I should be happy for him. I know I can’t. I know I’m not strong enough to be happy for him, so it’s probably for the best that he will never talk to me again.

But shit. Really, Rye? You couldn’t have come up with any better excuse for why you wanted him gone? Why the hell are excuses so hard to come up with? But once again, I need to tell myself that this is for the best.

I rolled over, still in pain, and I checked my phone for any calls or texts from him. There were none, but I am sort of worried that there will be one day. I clicked on Andy’s contact and decided whether I should do what’s best for both of us or not. I decided to think of Andy in this and do what’s right.

My finger moved to the correct choice, and I begrudgingly clicked it. There. Andy is officially blocked. Now I can be sure to ignore any calls or texts from him, not like he would want to speak to me anyway.

I sat my phone back down on the nightstand and looked up at the ceiling. I stayed in that position, holding onto my stomach, until I felt my eyelids getting heavy, and I finally fell asleep.

***

“Shit,” I cursed under my breath as I hurried with desperation to get my jeans on. I struggled to pull them up all the way before checking my phone. I was definitely going to be late for school today.

“Shit,” I said again in anger as I pulled a jumper on over my head. I ran over to the mirror, my body aching with every step, and my hair looked good enough to just leave it. I ran to my brothers’ room also, but they weren’t there. “Those little shits already left for school, and they didn’t care to wake me up,” I spoke to myself in anger.

Next I ran to the bathroom to wash my face quickly and brush my teeth. After I was finally okay enough to leave, I grabbed my shoes and slipped them on before grabbing my bag to head out.

Once I was outside and the door was shut behind me, I checked the time on my phone. “Shit shit shit shit shit shit,” I yelled as I started running down the street. I knew that if I was late for school again, I would be running at practice because Coach made sure to always have the professors tell him literally everything.

I ran as fast as I could which sadly wasn’t very fast due to my hurting insides. The cold morning air wasn’t helping at all, and I knew for a fact that I would smell like shit when I got to the school.

I finally ran all the way to the front door only five minutes late. I ran through the halls, pushing people out of the way until I got to my locker. I quickly unlocked it, put my bag in, and grabbed the books I needed for my first class. When I turned around to start running again, I ran straight into someone, spilling my books and papers, along with theirs, all over the ground.

I cursed under my breath while rummaging through the papers to find mine, hoping that I didn’t just lose my homework. “Way to go asshole,” he said, and I immediately recognised that voice. I looked up to see his shining smile as he looked down on me mockingly.

“Mind helping, Mikey,” I asked, and he simply shrugged before leaning on the lockers beside him.

I continued throwing his papers around until I was sure I had all of my things, and then I stood up. When I turned to leave, a hand grabbing my arm quite tightly stopped me from moving. I looked back at Mikey with an annoyed expression, but he had that same annoying mocking smile on his face.

“When’s our next field trip going to be,” he whispered with a smirk playing on his face, and I knew exactly what he was referring to.

“Not today, Coach will make me run for ages if I’m late or if I miss any more classes this week,” I said as I yanked my arm from his grasp. “That includes first period.” I turned around and quickly went to the first class of the day.

Luckily I wasn’t late enough for the professor to actually care, so I got away with it. The other classes were boring and uneventful. Even World History. Andy didn’t say anything to me the entire time, and he even changed seats so he was sitting at the front of the classroom.

There was something strange about him today. He seemed different than any other day I had seen him. Maybe it was how depressed he looked. How broken. That wasn’t because of me...was it?

A/N- Thank you so much for reading and getting this book over 4.5k views!! That’s crazy!! Please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx