Part 28

*Rye’s POV*

I was in the locker room getting my stuff together when I heard that recognizable voice ring from behind me. “Hey, Ryan.”

I turned around quickly to see Andy standing in front of the door of the locker room. His eyes slowly made there way down my body, looking at my exposed torso. I quickly grabbed a shirt of mine and slipped it over my bare upper body with cheeks burning red. “Hey, Andy. Do you need something?”

“Uh yeah, kind of. You know how we are studying tonight?”

“Yeah,” I answered questionably, thinking that he might be cancelling or something along those lines.

“Well, after what happened at my house on Friday, I’d rather us not study at my house. I was thinking maybe we could study at yours instead.” He smiled nervously once he was done speaking. I swear that smile will kill me.

Just realizing what he had said, I started racking my brain thinking of excuses so he wouldn’t come to my house. I don’t want to tell him about the situation with my dad, and I definitely don’t want him coming over.

“Sure, we can study at my house.”

What the actual fuck is wrong with me?

His face brightened up even more, making my stomach nearly explode with butterflies. “Ok great. I’ll see ya tonight then. 6:00?”

“Yeah, 6 sounds good,” he nodded and turned around to leave the locker room, waving behind him as he went.

You know what, it’s fine. Today is Monday, and Monday nights are when my dad’s favorite pub has a deal. £50 for all you can drink from 9pm to 2 a.m., so he’ll probably be there all night anyway. Everything will be just fine. I just need to stop worrying so much.

I shut my locker and grabbed my bag from off of the ground where I sat it down earlier. When I took a look at my bag, I noticed that it was unzipped which is strange because I always zip my bag up no matter what. After skimming over the inside quite quickly, I decided nothing was moved or missing.

Slinging the backpack over my shoulder, I walked towards the door to go home. I swung the door open and walked out into the breezy weather. Once I was outside, I looked towards the bleachers and saw what looked like the headmaster of our school and two police officers. They were standing beside the pillar where Mikey and I had been.

My mouth went dry as I stared at the people in nervousness.

If they find fingerprints or a sample of DNA- but I’m sure tons of people have touched that pillar. There’s no way that they’d be able to know it was Mikey and me that day, right?

My feet wouldn’t move, and my eyes stayed latched to the group of people as the principal turned his head and locked eyes with me. He waved for me to leave, but I still couldn’t bring myself to move. What if they find something? I can’t go the City of Misery! I can’t handle that! This is not ok.

“Mr. Beaumont,” a man yelled from right in front of me, waving his hand in front of my face. It was the headmaster. I hadn’t even noticed that he moved so close to me. “I asked you if you need something.”

“Oh um, no sir,” I replied nervously. I gulped as my eyes drifted passed him to look back at the police.

“Ok, then you can leave. There’s nothing to see here,” he waved for me to leave again, and this time I nodded in return and turned around to leave.

God only knows what they’ll find.

*Mikey’s POV*

“What the hell?” I continued flipping through the pages of the notebook, noticing the same number on another page. I got my phone out and typed the number that Rye had written over and over again into my phone’s notes.