Part 42

A/N- There may be mistakes in this Idk just correct me if there are lol
~~~

*Rye’s POV*

My dad was out of the house by 8 o'clock, and the boys came out of their room at about nine. They were both dressed for school and were rushing, obviously knowing that they were late. When they saw me in the kitchen pouring them both bowls of cereal, they stopped in their tracks.

“Rye!” Shaun immediately dropped his bag and ran over to me, hopping into my arms. I squeezed him close, but not too tight, not wanting to injure the boy. Sam ran up after him and took his place in my arms. I squeezed him close while hearing Shaun continue talking. “We were scared you left us, Rye. We thought you might never come back.”

I pulled away from Sam to look at both boys. “You never have to worry about that, guys. I'm never leaving you.” They both nodded with smiles now planted on their faces.

Sam looked at the time on the oven before grabbing Shaun's bag and giving it back to him. “Hurry, we're gonna be late for-”

“No.” They both stopped and looked at me with confused facial expressions. “You aren't going to school today. Instead, we're going to hang out together.”

Excitement immediately lit up the two boys’ faces as they sat their bags on the floor by the counter. “What are we going to do, Rye?”

“Yeah, what are we going to do?”

I cleared my throat before speaking again as I pushed the bowls of cereal towards them. They each got on a stool, still awaiting my answer. “Well, I already texted a couple friends, and we're going to go play laser tag.”

Both of their jaws dropped and it took a second before Sam could speak again. “I've heard my school friends talk about laser tag, but I've never gone. I can't wait!”

Shaun looked at Sam, nodding his head, and then turned to look at me with that same smile planted on his face. For a moment, it seemed as if the two boys weren't so broken. It seemed as if their pains, cuts, and bruises had just disappeared, and all that was left was the joy and excitement from getting to hang out with me instead of going to school.

“So, we're going to go with my good friend, Andy, my friend Mikey-”

“Ooh I love Mikey,” Shaun exclaimed excitement, spitting some cereal out as he did so.

“Yeah, Mikey's the guy that does the funny voices for us.” Sam looked just as happy about it as Shaun did.

“Yeah, I thought you might be excited about him. And my friend, Harvey. He's kind of on the rich side so you guys need to wear your best outfits because Harvey is…” I did a drum roll on the counter, and the two boys sat their spoons down to do a drum roll with me. “...letting us ride in his limo.”

They both gasped, and Sam began clapping his hands and cheering. “What?! A limo?! That's so cool!” Shaun's voice rang throughout the house, and I've never been more glad that my dad wasn't home.

“Okay, so go get dressed because we're going to go play laser tag, we'll see a movie, we'll go shopping for a bit, and then we'll go out to eat. We have a busy day so we gotta start early. And you two are obviously as close to being done with your cereal as you'll get.” They both laughed while hopping down from the stools.

Without another word, they both ran back to their room to get dressed. I put their dishes in the sink before getting my phone out to get in the groupchat that had Mikey, Andy, Harvey, and me.

Me: What time are you gonna be here?

Prince Charming👑: That depends on when everyone else is ready