Part 41

A/N- Yo this one is kinda sad so prepare yourselves lol btw the incorrect grammar and punctuation in italics is on purpose anywayyy enjoy

*Rye’s POV*

The cold wind blew against my face, moistening my skin with the mist in the air as I made my way to the front porch. Once I was up the three creaky, wooden stairs, I noticed that the front door was cracked open. I slowly pushed it open all the way, being slightly worried about where my dad might be. Once the entire entrance area was in view, I saw what a mess the house was.

There was broken glass all over the ground, and droplets of blood on many of them. Anger boiled up inside of me at the sight of the blood, knowing sure as Hell it wasn’t my dad’s. I silently closed the door behind me, and with every step I took, glass cracked beneath my shoes. As I rounded the corner, it was clear what the glass was from. There were broken picture frames all over the floor, and large slabs of glass from what looked like the back door.

I looked around the room, letting my eyes land on the couch. The large man had his body sprawled out across the furniture with one hand hanging off of the couch, holding a half finished bottle of vodka. I could feel the throw up rising in my throat at the sight of him. Everything about him disgusts me.

I turned around and quickly made my way to the hallway. There were pieces of one of the kitchen chairs on the floor, and a few new holes in the wall. My door was untouched, and I turned around to look at the twins’ room. My fury quickly multiplied at the sight. The door had a large crack in it with three holes in it. The door handle was broken off, and the whole door was hardly even holding on to the hinges.

I speed walked over to the room and quickly opened the door up. I saw the bunk beds, and the bottom one was empty which wasn’t normal. I silently moved over to the bed as quickly as possible, and climbed up the ladder just enough to see two lumps under a thin sheet. I moved the hair of one of the lumps to see Shaun’s face. He had a busted lip, but that seemed like all there was with him, luckily.

My hand moved to the other boy and moved the hair from his face. Sam had a large bruise along the side of his face, and there was a handprint around his throat from where my dad must’ve choked him. Tears welled up in my eyes, seeing the boys look so hurt and broken. All because my sorry excuse for a dad doesn’t know what love is.

I quickly left the room and went to my dad’s room. I immediately went to the chest at the end of his bed and opened it up. I looked down at the safe inside of it, which a I could hardly see, due to the tears of anger in my eyes. I quickly spun the dial around, listening to the certain click that was different, signifying when I should turn it back. After the four special clicks, I pulled on the lever, successfully opening the safe up.

I gulped while grabbing the mechanism that has been pressed against my head hundreds of times before. I checked the barrel, and seeing that it was completely full, I stood up with the gun, now, cocked and ready to be fired. I made my way back into the room where I knew my dad was sleeping and raised the gun up.

Do it, Rye. He deserves this. He murdered your mother. He turned you older brother into the authorities for being homosexual, getting him sent to the City of Misery. He hurt your little brothers. He tortured you all of your life. He made your life shit. He’s never done a single good thing for you in your life.

So, why can’t you pull the trigger?

The tears in my eyes were no longer from anger, but from sadness, stress, aggravation, and probably a million other things. I knew the real reason I couldn’t pull the trigger. It’s not because I didn’t want to. It’s not because there’s a part of me that loves him. It’s not because I think I’ll regret it later. It’s because I love my little brothers. If I kill him, there’s no way I’ll be able to stay with them. They’ll be taken to a home to live in, and I’ll be thrown on the streets, or of course imprisoned for murder.