Part 49

*Rye’s POV*

I opened the hospital door again, and Andy looked up at me as he rubbed his eyes. “Hey, Ryan. Where have you been?”

I closed the door behind me while approaching him. I sat down in the same seat as before and looked over at his, still, comatose mother. “There were officers in the hallway, so I went to check why they were there, and apparently your dad turned himself in for trying to murder your mum.”

Andy quickly stood up in shock, his eyes immediately widening. “What? H-he what? He admitted to-he-what?”

Andy’s breathing started picking up pace, and worried that he would start having a panic attack, I quickly stood from my seat and pulled his body close to mine, wrapping one arm around his waist and putting a hand on the back of his head to rub it gently. “Shh, it’s okay. It’ll be okay.”

“I-I just-he… I-he couldn’t do that, could he? This is-this is, like, no-I-”

“Hey, calm down, okay? It’ll be okay. Deep breaths, okay, just breathe.” I could feel his breath against my shoulder as he dug his nails into my back through my clothing, shoving his face in my shoulder. There were quiet weeps coming from the boy, so I hummed peacefully in his ear, pulling his body slightly closer to mine. I kissed the side of his head quickly before resuming my position of having my head beside his.

With jagged breathing, he pulled away from me and wiped under his eyes with his sleeves. “How shitty are our lives, right?” He chuckled quietly while averting his eyes to his mum. “Both of our dads are murderers? That’s not that common of a thing, is it?”

I shook my head before slowly intertwining my fingers with his. Once he turned his head back to me, I spoke quietly while looking down at our hands. “No, it’s not too common.” I tilted my head up again to look into his engulfing eyes to continue. “Must be fate."

He chuckled with a sniffle as he turned his body to face me completely. “Ah, yes. Our dads are both murders so we must be meant to be.”

I nodded with a smile, stepping closer to him and raising my hand to graze across his cheek. “I enjoy thinking that.” With a smile, I closed my eyes to lean in towards the boy. My lips connected with his, and just like our first kiss, it felt like magic. There was a fire that would light up inside of me every time I came in contact with him, but connecting our lips in such a way made it so much stronger.

My hand moved up to his waist to pull him closer to me, and I could feel him smile against my skin, gladly pressing his body against mine. Feeling his body this close to mine made me feel completely lightweight as if it wasn’t even real, and I’d be waking up from this dream at any minute.

Our kiss was quickly interrupted by the machines of Andy’s mum beeping like crazy. I pulled away from him, and he turned back around to look at her again. Right as he did, doctors came flooding the room, immediately kicking both of us out of the room. The door was shut in our faces, and without another second, Andy turned around and practically threw himself into me, sobbing into my chest.

“I-I can’t lose her. Sh-she’s my mum, what will I do with-without her?”

“Hey, don’t talk like that.” I wrapped my arms around him, rubbing circles on his back in a calming way. “She could be fine-”

“No, you don’t know that.” He ripped himself away from me, revealing his bloodshot eyes that had dark bags underneath. There was so much stress and sadness all over his face. “Stop saying that if you don’t know what might happen.”

His sadness seemed to be replaced with anger in a matter of seconds. I gently grabbed his hand in mine, but he ripped it away as he turned around, wrapping his arms around his body. “I just need some time alone. Can you see if you can find my brother?”