Part 47

*Mikey’s POV*

A smile stayed planted on my face as Harvey’s head rested on my shoulder while his quiet snores filled the air. How badly I just wanted to be able to wrap my arms around his waist and pull him closer to me. How I just wanted to be able to run my fingers through his hair as I kiss him softly. Just to be able to call him mine would be so much to me.

It’s safe to say that the small crush I had been ignoring is much more than I intended for it to be. He groaned while rolling over slightly so his head was no longer leaning on me, and he quickly leaned up. “What time is it,” he asked groggily as he fell back against the pillows again.

I chuckled quietly while checking the time. “About midnight.”

He nodded his head with a yawn before wiping his eyes. “You wanna go downstairs and get something to eat?”

I shrugged while putting my phone back into my pocket. “Sure, why not?”

He nodded his head and threw the blanket off of us. I moved to one side of the bed to get off while he got off the other side of the bed. I turned to see him already leaving the room, so I quickly speed walked over to meet him as he walked down the hallway towards the staircase. The house was all dark, except for Harvey’s phone flashlight guiding our path, and I was guessing he wasn’t going to be turning on any lights until we got to the kitchen

Finally, we made it to the bottom of the staircase, and we both walked into the kitchen silently. Once we were both in there, Harvey flipped on the light switch while turning off his phone flashlight. I sat down at the counter as he began rummaging through his cabinets and refrigerator before he finally looked at me with an excited facial expression. “Hey, do you want to make cookies with me?”

A smile formed on my face as I got up from the chair and walked around the counter to be on the same side as him. I looked at the list of ingredients on the chocolate chip bag for the cookies before starting my voyage to get them out. I went to the fridge and got milk, butter, and eggs out while Harvey got the things out that weren’t refrigerated on a daily basis.

Finally, we had all the ingredients out, so Harvey started reading off what we needed of each thing, and I would put them in the measuring cup until reaching the sufficient amount. After all of the ingredients were in the bowl, Harvey sat the recipe on the counter. “Okay, that’s everything. Mix it.”

I grabbed the large spoon and began mixing all of the ingredients, but it still being thick caused the spoon to keep getting stuck. At one point, I used all of my might trying to move the spoon and accidentally flung flour at Harvey. He closed his eyes as the powder coated his face, and I immediately burst out laughing. As he wiped it from his eyes, my laughter died down enough for me to speak. “Sorry ‘bout that, Harv.”

I started laughing again almost right as I stopped, and he nodded his head with a mocking smile on his face. He stuck a spoon in the flour bag, and I looked at him questionably as he began talking. “I meant, mix it with the electric egg beater.” He motioned behind me, and I turned to see an electric egg beater. I chuckled quietly while turning back to speak again, but before I could say anything, Harvey slung the spoon he had been holding towards my face, and the flour flung off.

I closed my eyes just in time for it to cover my entire face, and he began laughing as I did so. I coughed quietly, getting some of it in my mouth, before looking at the laughing mess in front of me. A smirk appeared on my face as I stuck my hand into the bag of flour, and while he was busy laughing I threw the handful at him, covering his entire face, again, and his shirt.

He gasped while taking a step back before laughing, and I started laughing with him. Quickly moving forward, he grabbed the bag of flour and slung it towards me, successfully getting the white powder all over me. I reached forward, grabbing the bag in his hands, and jerking it towards him, getting him covered as well. We were both laughing so hard now that neither of us could properly fight to take the bag of it from the other.