Part 29

*Andy’s POV*

“Yo estoy clase di historia,” I said questionably.

“Ok, that was really close, but you left out a word, and it’s pronounced ‘day’ not ‘dee’. Come on Andy, you’ve already taken a year of Spanish so you should have the basics down.” He laughed at my failed attempt while throwing a few m&ms in his mouth.

I groaned in agitation and leaned back against the wall. “Does it really matter?”

“Well instead of saying ‘I am in history class’ you said, ‘I am a class gave history.’ So do you think it matters,” he questioned with that perfect laugh of his.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh. “To be completely honest, I don’t think any of it matters so…”

“Well it does. Let’s try another grade two sentence,” he said, obviously making fun of me.

“Haha, whatever,” I sarcastically laughed. “But why exactly does it matter that I know Spanish. I’m not going to Spain any time soon, and I’ve already learned French. Therefore Spanish is NOT important.”

“Wait, you’ve learned French, but you can’t even remember details of Spanish that even three year olds already know?”

“Hey! Leave me alone. I’m trying!” I sent him a goofy smile, and we both burst out laughing. His head tilted down at the book that was in his lap, trying to find another sentence for me to attempt to  say.

“Hey, Ryan…” He tilted his head back up so his eyes met with mine, and I immediately forgot what I was going to say, getting completely engulfed in his gorgeous orbs.

“Yeah, Andy,” he questioned, obviously confused as to why I haven’t said anything yet.

“Oh, um. Right uh. I need to say something,” I managed to get out awkwardly.

“Ok, well it’s now or never, Andy. You have the floor... or the bed, I guess,” he said while motioning to the mattress under him with a goofy smile.

I laughed awkwardly as I started fidgeting with the hem of my shirt, staring down at my hands intently. “We're obviously both avoiding the topic, so I think I should bring it up.” I gulped nervously as my eyes travelled back up to meet with Rye’s.

He obviously knew where I was going with this because his goofy smile was gone, and he now had a depressed look on his face. “Rye, about the text I sent you…”

“I think we should really keep studying,” Rye piped in before I had a chance to continue.

“No. But Rye-”

“Andy just drop it. It's fine.” He tried to shrug it off, but it was obvious by his facial expression that he was definitely upset.

“But Rye-”

“Andy, it doesn't matter.”

“It wasn't me who sent the message, asshole,” I yelled out before he had a chance to interrupt me again. I was getting slightly upset that he wasn't even letting me explain myself.

“Wait, what?” He leaned back against the wall, staring at me with a confused face, just waiting for me to continue.

“I was having a dinner at Clytte's house, and you texted me right when Clytte's mom was talking to me. And when she saw me with my phone out, she snatched it up and accidentally texted you.”

“You're saying she accidentally texted me a whole sentence that made complete sense? No typos or anything,” he asked, obviously not believing me.