Part 36

*Andy’s POV*

I folded the paper and shoved it into my book before sliding the book to the side so I could rest my elbows on the table. Rye continued writing for maybe two more minutes before he finished his Biology homework as well. He closed the book and looked up from it, into my eyes.

“Now that we’re done with that Hell, what to do?” I smiled at him before turning my head to admire the park he chose for us to do homework at. There was a pond right in the middle of what seemed to be a very put together park. Yet it was empty. We were the only two around. Strange that no one else is here.

A thought reappeared in my mind, and the overwhelming urge to ask Ryan about it came about me. He’s friends with Mikey so he might know something. “Hey Ryan, can I ask you something?” I turned my head back to face him, and he slowly nodded his head, almost as if he was worried about what I was going to ask him. “Do you know why Mikey left the gymnasium with Harvey instead of taking the DNA tests?”

“Hey left with Harvey?” I nodded my head in return to his question. “Harvey Cantwell?”

“Yeah, how many Harveys do you know?” I let out a small awkward chuckle afterwards, and he just stared straight down at the table. “What’s got you so confused?”

“It’s not just that I’m confused, but I’m trying to fill in the blanks. It makes a bit more sense now. Mikey was able to leave because Harvey was there to take him. But the question is, why did Harvey help him?”

“I can’t tell if you’re talking to yourself or me.” His voice went quieter as he spoke after hearing my words, letting me know that he was obviously talking to himself, not me. “Ryan, I didn’t mean to make you go all Sherlock Holmes on me. You good?”

He tilted his head up so he could look at me and nod. “Yeah, just confused about something.”

“Care to share or...?”

A smile grew on his face and he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. “It's just something about Mikey that you don't really know about.”

“So, I’m guessing that means you aren’t planning on filling me in?” I laughed at the end of my question, to let him know that I wasn’t being serious, and he looked back at me with a smile. That smile. I swear it could kill someone. From his dark chocolate eyes to his flawless tan skin, he’s practically perfect. He turned his head back towards the pond that was in front of us, and a smile grew on his face.

“You wanna go swimming, Andy?” I quickly burst out laughing at his question, immediately assuming he was joking, but I was soon met with his serious facial expression.

“Are you serious?” He nodded his head with a smile. “Ryan, it can’t be more than 10 degrees (Celsius ofc) out here.”

He leaned his head back to laugh quite loudly, and once he calmed himself down enough, he grabbed his books and shoved them into his bag. “Get your stuff, and come with me.” He smiled at me once more while turning around from where he was sitting. I quickly grabbed my books and put them in my bag before standing up from the bench. I slung the backpack over my shoulder and walked to get behind Ryan.

He was already walking down the sidewalk so I had to speed walk to catch up with him. He still had a goofy smile planted on his face which made me wonder where he was actually going. After walking for about ten minutes, he took a turn into a neighborhood that was far too rich for either of us to even look at. “Um, Ryan. Are you lost, or…?”

He laughed quietly while turning his head to look at me. “Don’t worry, Andy, we’re almost there.”

“Whatever you say, I guess."