🥀 5

3 weeks later

3 weeks later...

Angel

Its been 3 weeks since everything went down, and Dave's been calling and texting me ever since. He calls me in the morning, all through out the day whenever I can talk, and at night.

He's so sweet and charming and he even tries to hang out with me after work or when I have free time and has even asked me out on dates, but I always make up some excuse as to why I can't.

Sometimes I even ignore his calls and texts.

I don't want to get attached to him... Especially just because he's being nice to me, and him being fine doesn't make it any easier. I'm afraid of getting hurt again.

I know he's getting tired of my excuses, but he's so persistent...

I thought that maybe me pushing him away will make him just leave, but I was wrong. This man won't leave me alone, and I even catch myself at work thinking about him.

Ugh, why can't I stop thinking about this stupid boy?

I haven't seen him since that night (well other than Facetime) and I have to admit, I do miss him.

Throughout the times we have talked, we've learned a lot about each other. I told him about me and Amir's relationship and what happened. He was very upset when I told him. It's almost as if he was in my shoes and felt my pain.

I learned that he's never had a real girlfriend, which is surprising because he's 28. It raises a red flag for me.

I also learned about what he does for a living... I'm not upset or anything; I totally understand and respect it. That's the only way he knew how to survive.

I'm just afraid for him. I worry about him a lot. The streets are very dangerous. As long as he doesn't plan on being in them forever, I'm good.

He says he doesn't; he wants to start a business and open up his own gym. Which makes a lot of since because he goes to the gym all the time and watches what he eats. He even tries to drag me along with him.

He got the building for him gym already and has started to fix it up and buying equipment. We've set an exact date on when he's going to bow out to the game whole hardly and quit completely.

[S/N: Drug dealers are very great, successful, intelligent business men. All they have to do is keep the same mindset, just change the product. 😭]

Today's Saturday and I literally have nothing to do. I've been sitting on couch all day flipping through channels and shopping online.

Stephanie's at work so I can't go hang out with her. She's my best friend and really the only friend I have.

She told me that I was wrong for treating him like that and to just give him a chance.

My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing. I then noticed it was on the floor and I was to lazy to pick it up.