🥀 12

Dave

Dave

Me and Stephanie were sitting in the waiting room, waiting on someone to come out and tell us Angel's status.

There was complete silence and the jingling of Steph's bracelets as she bounced her leg up and down.

"You left her?" She asked. I stayed silent and put my head in my hands.

"Dave I can't believe you turned your back on her when she called you for help!" She yelled.

"I didn't know it was that bad or bad at all... I thought she would be okay... All she said was Amir wouldn't leave..." I whispered.

She got in my face. "You didn't give her time to say shit!! You hung up on her before she could tell you more!" She said pointing her finger in my face.

She started breaking down. "You could've at least called me and I would've went and helped her!"

"Stephanie, I'm sorry... I really am... I never want anything to happen to Angel..." I said crying.

"Yeah well you don't show it! I hope that bitch you was fucking was worth it..." As she said that, the doctor came out.

"Family of Angel!" Me and Stephanie stood up.

"If you're not family, you can't go back there."

"Her mother is dead and her father is in prison. We're all the family she has. Dr. Evans, cut the shit okay? You know me and Angel are best friends. We work here..."

"Alright alright. But there are some things you must know about Angel."

"We're listening." I spoke up.

"Angel's cervix is severely bruised. She is very sore and tender on and around her vaginal area. She is in a tremendous amount of pain due to her not having intercourse in almost 2 years. The impact was to much for her to take. The individual who did this to her was very rough on her." My jaw clenched. I'm not letting Amir slide with this. I don't care what Angel says.

"But the good thing about all of this is the vagina can and will heal itself. There should be little to no problems physically getting her back to recovery. She would probably have problems urinating because of her vagina being raw, but other that physically, she should be fine. But mentally? That's where she's hurt the most and will need the most care. I have also written her a prescription and I will give you both papers on follow-up care instructions for her mind and body, counselor recommendations, the community resources from the Rape Victims' Advocate Society, a list of group therapy centers. Stephanie, you are a nurse. So you know all of this." Stephanie nodded her head up and down.

"But there is something I want to share with you two: Um Angel has more than 1 rape cases on her record. Did you guys know that?" She asked quietly.

We both nodded our heads. "Yes. Her father raped and sexually abused her all throughout her childhood." Stephanie said.

"Oh God... Well Angel will need someone there to care for her and make her feel better and safe. She may need to stay with one of you two due to the fact that the incident happened inside of her home. Right now, police are talking to her but they are finishing up. She's all cleaned up. You may go see her now and fill out her discharge papers. She's in room 214."

"Okay Doc. Thank you..." We both said as we made our way to her room.

2 policeman were walking out of her room as we were walking in.

"Hey my Baby... How you feeling?" Steph said going to her side of the bed. Guilt took over me as I looked at her. Angel was laying on her side with her back turning towards the door.

I hate myself for what I did and how I treated her.

Stephanie went up to her and hugged her. Angel put her head in her neck and started crying.

I went over to them and hugged her. Angel continued to cry and scream as we both hugged her.

"Angel baby I'm here okay? I'm so sorry that this happened to you.. I shouldn't have ever left you you there with him. I should've fought for you more... I shouldn't have left you with him at all... I'm so sorry baby." I said as I began to cry.

Angel calmed down a little.

"I'm going to go sign her discharge papers." Stephanie said as she let us go and walked out the room.

I continued to hold Angel. "Baby I love you... And I know you're not gonna take me back quickly but Baby I'm going to fight this time. I promise, I love you..." I said kissing her face.

She looked up at me in my eyes. "I- I hate you..." She slowly.

"I hate me too..." I said with tears coming out of my eyes.

Stephanie came back into the room. "Alright it's time to go. Angel, you're going to stay with me for a little while. I already got everything taken care of with Dr. Bryant on both of our ends. He gave me a week off with pay. And your time will be paid for also. He said to take as long as you'd like. Me and Dave will be taking care of you, but when I leave to go back to work, you will go and stay with Dave okay?"

She nodded her head.

"Alright love. Let's go." When Angel went to stand up, she winced in pain.

"No no Babe, I got you..." I picked her up bridal style and carried her out the room. The nurse rolled a wheelchair to us and I carefully sat her in it.

I rolled her to the elevator.

We got off the elevator and went outside the hospital.

I stopped at the entrance and picked Angel up out the wheel chair and began carrying her to Stephs car.

I put her in and buckled her up.

"Alright baby, I love you. I'll be right behind y'all. You hungry?"

She didn't say anything.

"Angel I'm not leaving your side. I don't care how much you don't wanna see me. I'm here."

I kissed her and shut her door.

I walked to Steph, I pulled out a hundred dollar bill. "Y'all go get some to eat, I'll go to her apartment and pack her bags so she won't have to see anything and I'll bring them to your house."

"Alright. You'll have to keep her one day so I can go and clean everything up."

"Okay that's fine."

"Alright. Thanks Dave"

"You're welcome.." I said as she got into her car and shut the door.

I watched as they drove away.

What the fuck have I done? I left her... I have to make this right, and I will. But first, I'll start off with Amir. I'ma do what I should've done the first time...