23

Thursday

Angel

It's Thursday and I got off work early for my doctors appointment. I texted David the address before I left work.

I pulled up to the Pregnancy Center.

As I was getting out the car, my phone dinged, indicating I got a text. I looked down at my phone and it was David.

Baby Daddy 😐: What's that for?

Baby Mama ❤️: Wym what's it for? The appointment is today...

Baby Daddy 🙄: I'm otw.

The fuck is up with him...

See that's the shit I be talking about. I sighed and walked inside the cold building. I signed in and sat down to wait for them to call my name.

I picked up a book that was laid out on the table.

How To Give Labor...

Hm...

After 10 minuets of waiting, I looked at my apple watch. 3:10 PM

Where the fuck is David?

I started to get a little frantic sitting in the chair. A few moment later, I saw him walking into the door.

"Angel why the fuck didn't you tell me about the appointment today?!" He slightly yelled.

Who the fuck... He lucky nobody else is in this waiting room.

"You need to lower your voice!" I snapped at him. He straightened up quick. "I went by your house last week to talk to you, but your bitch answered the door. I asked her could I talk to you and she said 'Nah, but I'll relay the message.' And after she slammed the door in my face. So she was supposed to tell you, but now I see she didn't." I said feeling tears come to my eyes.

"Why didn't you text or call me like you usually do?" He asked.

I closed my eyes. "Dave please, not right now." This was the last thing I needed today...

He sighed and sat down.

Five more minutes passed by.

"Angel, I'm sorry..." He whispered as he grabbed my hand.

"AMORE!" The woman called out from the back.

"Save it." I said, getting up and walking to the  back. He soon followed me.

The woman led us to an examination room. Dave sat down in a chair and I sat on the examination table.

"Dr. Armstrong will be with you shortly." She said and walked out.

A few minutes later, she came into the room with file folders in her hand.

"Hi Angel! Hi- oop this must be Dad!" She smiled holding her hand out.

"Unfortunately." I mumbled.

"I'm Dr. Armstrong, nice to meet you!" "I'm David, same to you." They said as they shook each other's hand.

She sat down and opened the folders.

"Okay Angel, you are 9 weeks pregnant. Yay!" She smiled excitedly. I laughed lightly at her excitement.

"Now what we're going to be doing today is looking at the baby and hearing the heart beat for the first time!" I smiled.

"Have there been any complications so as far as anything?" She asked. I shook my head. "No."

"Have you been taking your vitamins and the medicine I put you a prescription for?" "Yes."

"Okay great! Now let's look at the babbbyyy." I lifted my shirt up and laid back. She rolled over and put the cold jelly on my stomach. She dragged the probe around my belly.

A small figure showed up on the screen.

"Oh my god! There's my little butt!" Dave cooed

"Oh my god! There's my little butt!" Dave cooed. I laughed as I felt tears coming to my eyes.

I looked over at David. I watched as he looked at the screen with a twinkle in his eye.

"Now let's hear the heartbeat..." She clicked something on the machine.

Seconds later, a consistent thumping sound filled the room.

Oh my God...

Tears rolled down my face and I looked over at David. He was staring back at me with tears rolling down his face.

I burst into tears. Not because David was crying, but because I can't believe I'm actually pregnant and I'm able to experience this amazing moment... I can't wait to meet and hold my baby.

He came over and held me tight. I put my head in his chest. I could smell his fragrance that I missed so much...

I realized something.

I miss this... I miss him... Especially now that Im pregnant. I'd love to have him around and I need him more than ever now. But he has someone now. I let him slip and now someone else has him.

I calmed down in his arms and he wiped my tears away.

"Awe Angel... I'm so excited about your pregnancy and I'm going to do all that I can for you." Dr. Armstrong assured me. "Thank you... So much. I'm excited too..." I said wiping my tears.

She gave me a paper towel to wipe the jelly off my belly.

"Okay your next appointment is already scheduled for next month. As you know, you're only in your first trimester, so you only get one appointment a month. But after you are 28 weeks and in your 2nd trimester, you will come every 2 weeks." She said to me.

"Yes ma'am." "Alright, I'll see you next month! Contact me if there are any complications!" She stood up.

"Okay I will!" "Alright and take care of her Dad!"

"Oh I will!" David said back as she walked out the room.

I gathered my things and we walked out of the building. Dave walked me to my car and opened the door.

I sat in the drivers seat.

"So, what you doing today? You gotta go back to work?" He asked.

"No. I'm just gonna go home..." I said looking down.

"Mm... You ate today?" He pushed the flyaways back that was out of my ponytail. This made me melt a little. It's crazy how his touch still had an effect on me.

I shook my head.

"Let's go get something to eat then.." "Okay.." I whispered.

He hugged me and laid his head on my chest.

"I'm sorry Angel, for talking to you like I did... And how she treated you. I'm sorry for everything." He whispered. "Forgive me please..."

I looked down at him. "I forgive you David.."

He kissed my cheek. "Let's go to Chick Fil A." "Whatever you want." He said.

Lord, what am I gonna do with him?

Wassup y'all! I'm currently getting my hair braided; half way through 🙄