21

Angel

"You're what?"

"I'm pregnant..." I said again.

He sat there for a minute and I felt silence take over.

"I-I'm gonna be a daddy?" "I'm gonna be a daddy..." He smiled.

"There's more..." I said. "I-it's not yours..." His smiled started to fade.

"What do you mean it's not mine?"

"When Amir raped me, I don't think he wore a condom..." My voice started to crack. I could feel the tears coming. "And when she told me I was 4 weeks pregnant, the times didn't add up." I was now full blow crying.

"Awe baby come here..." He pulled into a tight hug. "Baby please don't cry."

"David what am I going to do? I don't want this baby!" I screamed. "I'm getting an abortion. I can't have this baby..." I broke down in his arms.

He pulled me up, making me look him in his eyes.

"Angel listen to me. You're not having an abortion. I don't care what you say. This is my baby too... I'm still gonna be a father. I don't care if it's biologically not mine. I'm going to raise it and treat it like it's mine. We don't even have to tell it that I'm not their father, but if you want to tell them later on in life then that's fine with me baby and we'll move on from there. Okay? Don't cry babe... Everything's gonna be fine. I promise..." He said wiping my tears.

He gave me a peck on the lips. "I love you." He said to me. "I love you too.."

He reached over and picked up the glass of wine off the nightstand. I chuckled. "Babe I told you I can't drink that!"

"Shit I can." He said and gulped the whole glass down. I laughed. He sat the glass down. "Ooh shit..." He said coming back to me.

He put his hand on my stomach and rubbed it. "I can't believe I'm going to be a father..." He smiled. He pulled my shirt up.

"Heyy little butt... It's your daddy; I want you to get used to my voice. I don't know if you can hear me or not but I can't wait to meet you fat mama... Or man." He chuckled.

I smiled looking down at him talking to my stomach. For the first time, I felt like everything was going to be alright...

He came up and kissed me. After deepening the kiss, he pulled away. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you..."

"Yes?" I said. He played with his hands.

"Umm... I don't know." He said looking away.
I grabbed his hands. "No no ask me." I said scooting closer to him.

"Okay um... You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You make me so feel good. When I'm around you, I get this tingly feeling I never felt before... I can't wait any longer. W-will you be my woman? Well you're already my woman, but like my girlfriend. Can we make this official?" He looked me in my eye.

I don't know what to say...

"Um, I don't know David... I mean I just came out of that bad situation and even though you've been right by my side, I don't know... I need to heal myself first before I get into anything serious."

He nodded his head. I could see the hurt in his eyes. "Okay, I understand that..." I said lowly.

"Okay..." I said nodded my head. An uncomfortable silence took over the room.

I yawned. "I'm gonna go a head and go to sleep; I'm exhausted..." I said laying down.

"Alright..." He said getting up. I furrowed my eyebrows together. "You not coming to bed?" I said looking up at him.

"Umm no not right now. Ima go downstairs." He said walking out the room.

I sighed. I closed my eyes and feel into a deep sleep.

***

The next morning I woke up and felt Dave's side, only to feel a cold spot. He wasn't anywhere in sight...

I picked up my phone off the nightstand and dialed his number. It started to ring.

On the 4th ring, he picked up.

"Hello?" He said groggily into the phone. The sound of his voice made me happy.

"Hey! Good morning!" I smiled excitedly into the phone. "Wassup?"

"Um, where'd you go? I woke up and you were gone." "I went home."

I frowned. "Oh... Well that's to bad... I was looking forward to your kisses this morning..." I said lowly.

"Mm..." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows together. "Um are you okay? You seem a little dry..."

"Yeah I'm good." "Alright well, I'll call you on my break..."

"Yeah."

"Okay. Talk to you later... I love y-" The phone hung up.

What the fuck is up with him?

I'm not going to stress it though. He'll talk to me when he's ready.

I went into the bathroom to take a shower.

***

I rushed getting myself together for work. Just as I was about to walk out my bedroom and head downstairs, I felt as rush of nausea causing me to stop moving.

I felt it coming. I ran to into the bathroom, to the toilet, and dropped to my knees.

Everything came up. It's times like this I wish David was around.

I got up, flushing the toilet. I went to the sink and brushed my teeth. After I was finished, I walk out and sat on my bed.

God please help me get through this...

I sighed and got up, grabbing all my things.

Time to go do what I love.

***

"So how did he take it?" Stephanie asked.

"Well, he took it pretty well. He said he didn't want me to have an abortion and that's its his baby too." I said as I put a patient's information into the computer.

"What?! That's amazing Angel!" She said smiling and slightly mushing me. She pulled me into a hug. "We having a baaaabyyyy, we having a babbbyyy!" She whispered so the other nurses wouldn't hear.

We both laughed.

"But I called him this morning and he was acting weird. Almost as if he didn't wanna talk to me..." She let me go.

"What do you mean?" "Well lastnight he asked me to be his girlfriend... And I said that I didn't know..."

"UGGHHH ANGELLL! Why won't you just give him a chance?!" She groaned.

"Because Steph! I just need to fix myself first! I'm not trying to hurt him. I'm just trying to protect myself from getting hurt again..." I said looking down.

"But everyone's not put on this earth to hurt you Angel... That man isn't going to wait on you forever..." She pointed at me.

"Yeah well I'm not going to think about it to much. I don't need to stress at all. That's how I lost the last baby. I need to be extra careful and cautious with this pregnancy." I sighed.

"Yeah I understand..." She looked down at her watch. "Oop, come on. We gotta get these papers to Dr. Bryant!"

"Okay." I said picking up the stack of papers.

Thank you all so much for the 22k reads!!! This really means a lot to me... Especially because this is my first story and I wasn't expecting it to take off like it did 😣 Thank you ❤️