43

Angel

I yelled to the top of my lungs and stretched my legs out in the car as another contraction shot up my back.

"Hold on baby... They already got the pool ready for you at the hospital. Just hold on okay?" Dave said as I gripped his hand.

"Mmmkayyy.." I said breathing in and out like Mrs. Davis taught me at the lamaze class.

"Daviddd, David it's not working.." I cried.

"What what's not working baby?" He asked. "The breathing shit she told me to do! The shit not working!!" I yelled beginning to get angry.

"What do you mean she's not there?!" Steph yelled to her phone. "But she's about to give birth! If Dr. Armstrong isn't there, then who's going to deliver her baby!"

"Dr. Armstrong isn't there??" I looked back at her, whining.

"Dr. Carter?! But isn't he like... Basically still new?... How many times has he delivered a baby?... TWO?!"

I began to cry. "Ohhhhh nooooo!" Tears came pouring out of my eyes.

"Well do we have any other choice?... Alright then! We gonna have to go with him!" She hung up the phone.

"Angel... Angel honey, Dr. Armstrong is currently out of town. But there's another Doctor under her named Dr. Carter. He's not as experienced as Dr. Armstrong, but he's very well trained and educated." She calmly said to me.

I quickly became furious. "UUGHHHH! WHY WOULD SHE GO OUT OF TOWN AND SHE KNOWS MY BABY IS COMING ANYDAY NOW!" I screamed and took my pants and panties off. I opened my legs and put them on the dashboard.

"I know babygirl... Just whatever you do, DONT push okay?" She grabbed my hand from the backseat.

I nodded my head. I suddenly felt a urge to push.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!" I yelled slightly pushing. "NO NO NO!" Everybody screamed.

"Baby don't push. Whatever you do don't push..." Dave coached me. "The doctor needs to look at you first!" Stephanie yelled.

I noticed Jd was quiet. He hadn't said anything since we left the house... He was probably scared to death sitting in that backseat.

I breathed in and out feeling the contraction leave. "Okay... Okay..." I rubbed my stomach.

We pulled up to the hospital. Jd had to stay back and park the car.

Dave picked me up and carried into the hospital bridal style. Stephanie ran to the desk for help.

Some nurses ran up to me with a stretcher and Dave laid me on it. We got on the elevator to my water birth suite.

I had to wait on the doctor before I could get in the water. The more I waited, the closer my contractions came together.

I began to lose control of my body. It's like it was working on its own. I had no control over it at this point what so ever. It scared me. I began to scream out of fear, joy, and nervousness.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DOCTOR?!" Stephanie yelled at the nurse.

"He should be here any minute ma'am." She said, putting roses in the water.

I looked at her. "Are those roses?"

"I-is that okay?" She asked nervously. She seemed so sweet. I nodded my head and smiled at her. "You're new aren't you?"

"Yes, yes ma'am I am..." She said hesitantly. "I just graduated from New York State.."

I was about to say something back when I felt another contraction shooting up my spine. "AHHHHHH!"