68

I'm sorry y'all! I had a makeup class to teach earlier so that's why this chapter is up so late...

Surprise at the end though 😏

Later that night: Midnight...

Dave

On the way back from the hospital and to Angel's apartment, we decided to have a very emotional conversation with Kali about what was exactly going on, how she'll be staying with us for now on, and why she won't be seeing her biological mother ever again.

What really surprised us was how she reacted.

She wasn't mad, angry, or sad about the situation or that she wouldn't be seeing Miracle again. She was so happy when we broke everything down to her, that she cried tears of joy. And when I say "cried"... She boohoo cried.

She just kept saying how happy that she actually has a real family now that she knows won't hurt her. And honestly, I'm so glad that we're going forward with adopting her. We know it's not going to be a simple process, but we're definitely up for the challenge.

Angel also decided that it would be best if we spent a couple of nights at my apartment. Just because of the simple fact that she knew Kali's mother or her boyfriend hadn't been caught yet, and they didn't know where I lived.

So, once we got inside her house, we wasted no time packing up some of the kids stuff and loading it up into our cars.

What she really was trying to do was keep me from doing something stupid.

Even though I didn't say anything about retaliating on them, she knew I was planning it all in my head.

When Kali fell asleep, she gave me this long ass drawn out speech about how we should let karma take care of them and how stupid it would be if I did something knowing the police was on their asses.

After breaking down Miracle's door, they found the apartment trashed with all of their clothes missing. The NYPD put Miracle and Geo's names and faces everywhere.

They put them on every news station, all over social media, and even on every radio station.

Angel must've been right about all that karma stuff, because shortly after we had that conversation Officer Joe called us saying that a cashier recognized them when they came into a gas station in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and  held them up until police got there.

Miracle and her boyfriend were trying to run, but were unsuccessful and got caught.

All I'm going to say is that they better be happy the police got to them before I could, because I was going to be their karma.

I may be a changed man and all, but no one fucks with my family. Especially not my girls. I'd go crazy if anyone ever messed with Angel, Kairi, Kali, my mom, London, or Stephanie.