42

2 months later

2 months later...
December 1st

Angel

"Just look at the directions!" Steph said to Dave as she tried to hand the paper to him.

He pushed her hand away. "Man we don't need no damn directions!" He yelled back at her.

I'm 9 months and the baby could be so any day now. Jd, Stephanie, and Dave have been at my house all day putting the baby's nursery together.

We were almost finished, but we couldn't figure out how to put the crib together.

"Iight y'all, get the fuck out the way. Let me do it. Angel and Steph, start putting the baby clothes in the drawers and wherever else they need to go." Jd instructed as he stepped up, taking the tools away from Dave.

Me and Stephanie began doing what he said.

"Y'all, Jaceyon had this crazy idea that we all should take a trip to Louisiana to meet and visit my parents for Christmas." Stephanie said rolling her eyes.

"Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea..." Dave spoke up.

"Yeah! It'll be fun! I never met them before in person.. How long has it been since you seen them?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"3 years..." She mumbled. Dave stopped what he was doing.

"Excuse me, how long?" He asked quickly. She sighed. "3 years!"

"Shidddd.." He said going back to help Jaceyon. We all laughed.

"3 years?! You don't miss them Steph?" I asked her. "Yes... No..." She groaned. "I don't know!"

"Well even though you went through hell with them, you still need to talk to them. You never know what could happen..." I said feeling myself become sad thinking about my mother.

"She right baby..." Jd said. She sighed. "I know, I know... I guess I'll start planning for it.. But what about you though?"

"What you mean?" I said as I folded up the baby's onesies. "Your mom... Have you talked to her since you seen her that day?"

I shook my head. "No, but I've been thinking about her a lot lately..."

She opened the drawers and we began to place the clothes in. "You thinking about having a relationship with her?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah.."

"You are?" Everybody said in unison. "Yes, I am." Everyone cooed.

"That's great Angel! I'm glad you decided to have something with her." Jaceyon spoke up and I smiled.

"Alright y'all, we done with the crib. Now all we gotta do is clean up." Dave said getting up.

We all began to pick up paper.