25

Angel

I frantically banged on David's door. My breathing was very heavy.

His bitch answered the door.

"Is David here?" She turned her nose up.

"Yeah why?" "I need to speak with him."

"About what?" She retorted.

"Bitch Ian got time for yo games." I said pushing past her and walking into the apartment.

"DAVID!" I yelled looking around the apartment.

"Hold up! You can't just walk into my house like that! I don't give a fuck who you are!" She yelled.

I instantly turned around.

This bitch got me fucked up.

"Your house? This ain't your fucking house. Who the fuck you think you talking to?"

"Bitch I'm talking to you!"

I sat my purse down on the island and kicked my heels off.

I walked over to her and got in her face. "Call me another bitch... Call me another bitch."

I looked into her eyes. That bitch was scared. Don't think that just because I'm pregnant you can't get touched.

I raised my hand to slap her. But as soon as I brought it down, I was pulled back by two big strong arms. She ran across the room.

"What the fuck is going on in here?!" Dave yelled.

"Yo hoe finna get slapped!" I pointed at her. "Ian did nothing but try to nice to that bitch. The FIRST day she met me, she was disrespectful! And I'm sick of that shit!" I yelled.

"I don't care, she gonna learn to respect me!"

I wanted to take all my anger out on her. I wanted to drag her ass up and down this apartment.

David came over to me and pulled me into a hug. "Okay... It's okay..." He said holding me. I burst into tears.

"Mya, go upstairs." He said softly.

"Dave are you fucking serious? You just gonna let her tal-"

"GO!" He yelled almost scaring me.

She groaned and stomped upstairs. We soon heard a door slam.

He sighed and put his finger under my chin, lifting my head up. "What wrong? What happened?" He whispered.

I continued to cry. "Hmm?"

"H-he's out..." "Who's out??"

"My father!! He's out of prison!" I yelled.

"How do you know that Angel? Who told you that?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I saw him!" "Saw him where?!"

I told him the whole story from where Chauncey died at the hospital to where I ran off from the church.

"Okay okay hold on this is a lot..." He pulled me over to the couch and we sat down.

"So you never knew anything about them? Like at all? Ever?"

"No! My father never talked about it. He never took us around them. I think they disowned him when he started doing heavy drugs and stealing from them."

I sighed. "What am I going to do David? I don't feel safe anymore..."

"Oh you're safe. If I have to go out of my way to protect you I will." He assured me. "I'll die for you and my baby."

"I know..." I whispered. He kissed my forehead.

"Whatever you want to do, I'm behind you 100 percent."

"I don't know yet... I just need some time to think."

"You want me to..." I looked up at him. "What?"

"You know..." I bucked my eyes. "No no! Not until I get my thoughts together."

"Alright, that's fine with me." He said pulling me in closer.

He looked into my eyes. "I love you woman. I swear I do."

I smiled. "I love you too..."

"Good." Silence came over. "So are going to try to have some kind of relationship with that side of your family?"

"With Sunny and Star: Yes." Just as I said that, my phone buzzed. I looked down at it. It was an Instagram DM. I tapped it and my messages opened.

SunnyD: Hey Angel! I know this is kind of weird lol, but you left so fast that we didn't get to get your number...

"This her..." I said looking down at my phone.

"Who? Your cousin?" David asked. "Yeah..."

"What? What she say?" He asked excitedly looking into my phone. I showed him the message.

"Text her back!"

GuardianAngel: Hey... Yeah I'm so sorry about that... My number is (212) 461-1903

SunnyD: Okay thanks! Can we hang out sometime? Soon?

GuardianAngel: Of course! I'll let you know my next availability.

SunnyD: Okay great! It was so nice meeting you. You're such a sweet person.

GuardianAngel: Aww... thank you so much! You too! ❤️

"You gonna tell her?" David spoke up. "Yeah..."

"When?" "The next time I see her..."

"Damn... How you think she gonna react? You think she'll be upset?"

"I don't know... I hope not."

"That's very mature of you. You still not shutting her out even though you just found out that's your fathers niece. I would think you wouldn't want anything to do with anything or anyone associated with him..."

"Yeah I guess so..." I looked down.

"Hey... Cheer up... Everything's going to be alright." He said lifting my head up.

"Wanna go the movies?" He asked. "No..." I said softly.

"Wanna go shopping?" "No..."

"Wanna watch Insecure?" "No..."

"Wanna go get some ice cream?..."

Ice cream...

I looked out the side of my eye at him. He smiled and stood up.

"Come on." He said grabbing his keys.