45

Angel

It's my second day being in the hospital and I'm so ready to get out of here. Just one more day. One more day and I'll be out of here...

Everyone's been by to see me and my baby. Even Dave's friends stop by.

Dave hasn't left my side. He's been sitting in that chair beside my bed, holding and talking to Kairi. He won't put her down. He sleeps with her on his chest. She's attached to him already.

Whenever she would cry, he would pick her up and she would stop immediately. It's crazy how she already knows who her father is and his touch.

Giving birth to Kairi took all of the energy out of me. I was completely drained. And the drugs the doctor were giving me didn't help.

I slightly opened my eyes from a deep sleep, hearing her small cooings.

"Yeah ma ma.. Mommy's tired. She tieddd mama.. She gave birth to you, she tied.." Dave cooed to her.

He turned her so that she was facing me. "See look, you did that. Yeah you! You got her tired like that." He chuckled at her as she babbled on and on back to him.

"You know your mommy's the best mommy in the world... I couldn't ask for a better mommy for you than her. Yeah, she's the best. I'm the happiest man in the world. I'm so glad she gave me you... Yes I am.... Yessss I am beautiful!" He leaned down and kissed.

I smiled watching him interact with her. He looked up at me. "Look who's up Kairi.. Mommy!" He got up and walked over to the bed.

He placed a kiss on my forehead. "How you feeling mama?" I yawned. "I'm good. Tired."

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking around the room. "Where Steph and Jd?"

"Steph went to work and Jd ugly ass over there." He pointed to the couch across the room.

Jd looked up from his phone. "Bitch yo daddy ugly." Dave chuckled. "On God... That nigga ugly as fuck." We all laughed.

There was a slight knock at the door and Steph skipped in looking so cute in her bubblegum pink medical scrubs from my line.

I gasped at her. "Hey best friend! Do you like my uniform?" She smiled and did a 360 spin.

"Yessss, oh my gosh you look so cute! And it hugs your curves just right!" Steph gained happy weight in the all the right places and she was looking so good.

"Thank you! All the nurses keep asking me when's your line coming out." She went over and sat down in Jd's lap.

I rolled my eyes. "Tell they asses to be patient. But you look so good Steph. You look so well put together, and smart, and-"

"Civilized?" Dave cut me off and snickered.

Steph stood up and walked over to him. "Bitch you better be glad you holding my niece..." He drew back and stood up. He laid her carefully in my arms and turned back to Stephanie, pulling his pants up.

"Ohhh my goddddd! Y'all don't get tired of fighting?" Me and Jd exclaimed in unison.

"Whatchu wanna do nigga?" Steph said to Dave, sizing him up. "You know what Steph, Ian even tryna fight you. You win yo." He waved her off.

"Yeah nigga, cause you KNOW I'll beat you the fuck up." She pointed at him. They both side eyed each other as they sat back down.

"What the fuck you doing in here anyway? Ain't you supposed to be working?" He asked her.

"Man I'm on break." She kicked her feet up on Jaceyon's lap.

"Yeah right." We all said.

There was another knock at the door. "Angel, it's Dr. Bryant!" The voice said from behind the door.