67

I love how y'all think I won't mute y'all 🙂 *MUTE*
You know when something is just plain out rude or shade. You know what you be doing.

But enjoy! 🗣💕

Angel

My leg bounced up and down as Dave and I sat in the waiting room in complete silence. It feels like we've been out here waiting forever for the doctor to update us on Kali.

Ever since she showed up to my door in the state that she was in my nerves and emotions have been all over the place, but the one I was feeling most of all was guilt.

"God David! How could I have been so stupid?!" I whisper yelled, slamming my hand down on the arm of the chair I was sitting in.

"Hey..." He intertwined our fingers and squeezed my hand tight.

"Don't think like that now. This isn't anyone's fault but Miracle's and her boyfriend's. We don't even know what happened yet. Let's just try to be strong for Kali, okay?" His soothing voice flowed through my ears, calming me down instantly.

"Mmkay..." I sucked my tears up as he placed a kiss on my ear.

"FAMILY OF GREER!"

Our heads shot up at the light skin, middle aged woman coming out of the double doors. We got up and met her halfway.

"Hi, how are you? I'm Dr. Grey, Kali's physician. Are you two her parents?" She pointed between the both of us and we both shook our heads no.

"No, but we're the closest thing she has to family." Dave said.

"Can you please tell us what's going on?" I asked worriedly, gripping onto Dave's white Polo tee.

"Oh yes ma'am, of course. Well the good news is that she doesn't have any broken bones or fractures, but the bad news is that she has lots of bruising and she's in a lot of pain... There are definitely signs of struggle, and whoever did this to her may have possibly been trying to molest her."

"Oh God..." I whispered. My knees buckled, but David quickly caught me and held me up.

"Her nose is fine. Her nose may be a little sore, but it's fine. I have to be honest, when I first looked at her, I though it was broken because of all the blood, but the bleeding has stopped. She does have many minor injuries like scratches on her arms and back, busted lip, black eye, and the small knot on the side of her head. Now with her recovery, she should recover just fine. The only problems you should have is her complaining about pain and soreness. She'll also need someone there to look after her at all times, and she'll need lots of rest. But other than that, she should be just fine. Angel, I know that you're work here so I know I don't have to worry. We have her all cleaned, bandaged up, and ready to take home. She's in room 254 and is alert and talking. The policemen should come in shortly to talk to you guys about what happened." We nodded our heads at her.

"Thank you Dr. Grey..." I said. She shook our hands and smiled. "You're welcome."

***

We slowly walked into Kali's room trying to brace ourselves for the current situation. She was sitting up in the hospital bed with her head in her little hands.

"Hey my Chunky Booty..." I cooed to her. Her head shot up and her frown quickly turned into a huge smile.

"MOMMY!" My heart fluttered seeing her kick her legs under the covers.

She slowly stood up, and I carefully picked her up. Me and David placed small pecks all over her cute little face.

"How are you Chunky Butt?" Dave spoke over her giggling. "I'm great now that you guys are here..."