017

Today I decided to be a good friend and join Joe training session, thinking it can't be hard for a professional footballer. But boy weren't I wrong! The first mistake was having to get up at 7am. On a Sunday!

Then the trainers had decided to make us run up and down the biggest hill/mountain around. They kept shouting at us if we weren't going fast enough gained us extra laps. I was so ready to fake my own heart attack.

We then got to the gym around 8:30am which meant it was sort of filled up already. The 'locals' stared us down and always kept one eye on us training at all time which was quite intimidating. But it felt nice working side by side with Joe in our little group of four. I seemed to know a lot of the routines mainly from the films, which made me feel a lot like Michael B Jordan or Jake Gyllenhaal, getting ready for an upcoming battle. (Too much? Alright!)

It was now midday and I was back at Joe's house, feeling a lot more fresher. He was still at the gym as he had his sparring session which Amy was down to watch but I decided to sit it out. I'm still not 100% comfortable in going to actually match.

I made myself some Caesar salad and a protein shake and sat on the sofa with Ernest beside me with my laptop open watching some latest videos. I was in a middle of a Shane Dawson conspiracy theory video when I decided to upload a photo from the boxing session earlier.

@YasLloyd10: Anyone want to call me out for the undercard fight? 🥊🦋🐝 📷: @JoeWeller

@MereLloyd: Lloyd v Lloyd 🤪🤕
@username: Talia vs Yasmine, winner gets Simon
@KSI: And hurt that pretty lil face?
@FranKirby: I'd pay so much money to see that @MereLloyd
@Wroetoshaw: I'm putting my money on Lloyd 😉
@YasLloyd10: Ofcourse @wroetoshaw 🐍

Suddenly my phone started to ring which made me jump out of my skin mainly because I wasn't expecting it and also because of the creepiness of the Shane video that I had on. I read the Caller ID which had Dom's name flashing across the screen.

I steadied myself from whatever Dom was going throw at me. "Hello Dominic" I smiled trying to contain my nervous. 

"Ah there's my favourite client" he beamed.

Favourite? He clearly wants something from me. "What do you want me to bail you out of this time?" I joked playing with the dogs ears who was snoring.

He let out a fake laugh but instantly went into serious mode. "So everybody knows that whole drama that has involved Mark Sampson" he explained, making me hum in response. "Well, word on the street is that Phil Neville is next in line AND a little birdy close the street has told me that he is interested in you putting on the three lions shirt" he explained with gradual excitement in his voice.

My mouth instantly fell open. "I'm sorry what now?" I questioned not sure whether to believe him.

"Dude you are going international!" He squeaked. "This is huge. Think about it they came third in the last World Cup, imagine what they can do with Neville steering and you playing upfront!"

I felt tears fill my eyes which instantly started streaming down my face, with me not even trying to stop them. I was honestly in complete shock!

"This is what you wanted kiddo!" I heard my dads voice.

"Phil has asked to meet you next week, should I turn him down?" He joked.

"No! No. Oh my god, I'm going to meet Phil Neville!"

"You're going to be playing for England!"

......

"How are you after this morning session?" Joe asked as we laid on the sofa together with my head positioned on his chest.

I closed my eyes as my body melted into his fingers as they brushed through my hair.

"Honestly I'm so achy" I moaned. "I have so much new respect for boxers, I just thought they get through on hatred of the other person but boy do they put in the work" I explained.

I felt him laugh more than I heard him as his chest was vibrating and moving up and down. I looked up at him and gave him a questioning look.

"Is that because both JJ and I are having a fight because we hate each other?" He questioned.

I nodded. "Pretty much"

He laughed again. "Boxing isn't too much about hitting the person to hurt them, it's more about hitting them to stop them from hitting you"

I nodded as I processed what he just told me. "So what about the whole '80 thousand people seeing your head crushed'?" I asked putting on his voice.

"I had my reasons" he shrugged.

"Because he's a prick?" I guessed, from what JJ previously said about him.

He sat up which ruined my comfortable spot. "I still can't believe I'm doing this" he admitted sounding vulnerable.

I sat up and started playing with his hands. "Do you regret it?"

He shook his head slowly as he avoided my eye line. "This might sound pathetic but the meals is the hardest thing. Like I haven't ate this much since I was chubby and I got bullied" he explained. "I've made myself sick a few times and I'm feeling the pressure to get near 84 so the weighing is closer"

My heart instantly broke as he told me. I squeezed his hand making him look at me.

"Food is a weird one, some people have good relationships with it and some have bad" I spoke slowly. "I'm sorry that you have to suffer with the negative side and this whole experience is going to be overshadowed by it, but all you can do is do your best that's all what anybody wants" I explained.

He let out a small sigh before pulling me into a hug and resting his forehead on my shoulder. We stayed quiet just enjoying each other's company.

"It's going to be so hard being around you and not being allowed to fuck you" he breathed out.

I laughed as I playfully hit him on the chest. "You Weller have such a way with words" I joked before pecking his lips softly.