039

It was now January 10th which meant it was no longer acceptable to spend most of the day on the sofa in you pjs just watching nonstop films, and eating chocolate for breakfast,lunch and dinner. It meant that we now needed to take the year on head on and work hard to do it all again next year.

Today was the first day in a while that I woken up before midday, I went for a run around the complex and then hopped into the shower and washed my hair for the first time probably in a week.

Around midday was when I rolled up at the training centre, which I instantly felt the unspoken tension that was going around the whole complex. I made my mind up that it was probably to do with the transfer window being open and everyone is on edge about their places in the team being in danger. Everyone knew that we had something special with the team at the moment but we don't really truly know what coach is thinking. Our training session was with the two senior teams and the U21's for both the women and men all joining together. We had to run laps around the field to start off and then we got into teams and had a small tournament.

As it was freezing due to it being in January and London I decided to wear tracksuits bottoms rather than shorts which a lot of people was still rocking. But then there was always loads of us rocking the hats and the snoods.

"I don't get how the hell you are so tanned even though we are in winter" I stated looking at the Afro Brazilian.

He shrugged as he passed the ball towards Cahill. "It's because I'm Brazilian" he stated.

Both Gary looked at each other mirroring the same confused look. "Well that doesn't answer my question" I admitted making the fellow Englishmen burst into laughter.

"Us Brazilians have a good relationship with the sun, unlike you English guys who are always complaining when you don't tan but just burn up like a lobster"

A laugh came from the side of us making our attention shift to find none other than Didier Drogba. David instantly pounced on the Ivorian with the two speaking to each other in French very fondly.

I remembered watching the two of them when they both played for Chelsea they were the two who were always causing trouble and laughing.

He then turned his attention to Gary with them hugging like old time pals being reunited so many years later. He then turned his attention to me, which made my knees weak.

This guy little managed to stop a war in his home nation after winning the African Cup of Nations.

"Lloyd" he smiled.

"Mr Drogba" I blurted out as I felt intimidated under his eyes.

He let out a youthful chuckle as he grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. "No Mr, it makes me feel old. We both have blue in our blood we are family" he gushed. "Call me Uncle"

I raised my brows at him as we pulled away. "Uncle Drogba" I questioned making him nod.

"And as your uncle, I can give you advice. And my first advice would be stay away from idiot like Luiz, he's bad news" he winked as he ruffled his Afro.

"I'm bad news? You used to always makes us late for training and I always was the one to get fined for it!" He complained.

Didier laughed. "Because JT loves me"

"So suck up to the captain?" I joked making David groan and Didier nodding in approval.

Lampard suddenly appeared which made me mouth fall to the floor for the second time this morning. He gave me a smile before shaking my hand and kissing both my cheeks.

"What are you arseholes even doing here?" The Brazilian sassed.

"We are giving out a masterclass for the 21s" Frank explained as Didier had already walked off and was now talking to Fran.

I kept my eyes on him as he laughed and joked to everyone, as if it wasn't a big deal that they were talking to the King Didier Drogba. He was pretty much a normal guy.

"Really? You are giving old guy Drogba the googly eyes when you've got this beautiful Brazilian infront of you" David appeared in my eyeline and started flexing.

.......

"Being back into a cafe with you makes me feel like the night I proposed" he spoke softly.

I gave him a small smile. "It feels like that was a lifetime ago"

He gave a sympathetic look, which I instantly brushed off. "So how did Talia take you breaking it off?" I asked gently sipping my hot chocolate.

"Not too well at the start, but I think she knew that it wasn't really going to work"

I nodded as placed the massive mug back down. "Let me guess, it was so obvious that you still had feelings for me?"

"Something like that" he smirked. "It's weird isn't it, how people keep telling you how you feel"

I nodded as I moved my hair out my face. "Im kind of like 'how the hell do you know how I feel' I don't honestly know how I feel" I admitted.

"Was you upset when Weller broke up with you?"

I looked away for a second. "Of course I did, I care for him but he just come at the wrong time I guess"

"Got there too late?"

I nodded and sipped my drink. "So how is Jide? Just under a month left" I smirked.

"He's killing it, I hardly see him, Viddal is making him go hard. They are on a mission to get him KO"

I ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm so not looking forward to it, I'm going to watch it through my fingers"

"Honestly same, I feel like I've got all the nerves for both JJ and I, He is so confident"

I started playing with his hands as they were on the table infront of him. "Do you think we could get passed all the shit in the past?"

"If we take it slowly and not rush into it, hoping that it'll instantly be back to how it was before. I 100% think, know we'll get through it" he smirked, showing off his dimples.

I leaned in to him and gently kissed his cheek which made him let out a goofy laugh.

"This was nice" he smirked.

"It was"

...

@YasLloyd10: The BEST hot chocolate & the BEST company!  Best way to finish a Wednesday evening recharging your batteries ☕️🍫❤️