038

I just wrote this inbetween my dance exams! Don't say I don't care about you all 😂
Ps is it bad that I kind of like Logan's diss track, I thought it was quite funny/creative 😂😂

...

The party was in full swing to celebrate the last twelve months and the beginning of a new chapter.  New Years is a time for everyone to make promises to themselves to get them to their better selves. I never really did resolutions, mainly because I knew it would only last around two months before I give up. Meredith on the other hand always was the one who loved it, she usually thought about it long and hard so she could decide something that she could realistically could aim for.

The music was blasting through the house with a few people who we have made friends while we were on the slopes. I noticed JJ and Simon was sat with three girls who were practically all over them, they knew who they were as they were fangirling about them to Freya,Emily and I. We gave caution to Jide, but he seemed to not really care if they are fans, as long as they can give him one thing he is happy. I noticed one of the blondes were holding onto Simon's arm as they looked in deep conversation, I felt a lump in my throat as I spotted Talia witnessing the whole thing as she stood on the other side of the room with Freezy and Sarah.

I shot back my drink making the strong liquor dance down my throat leaving a stinging sensation. I put the cup down and walked towards the door, I grabbed the first coat I found and walked outside. The streets was rather empty with loads of different music which was mixed into one from all the parties that was going on by the holiday makers.

I looked up and noticed that the sky was clear from clouds, so you could see the stars decorating the night sky. Suddenly the music all seemed to die down and everyone started roaring the count down.

I closed my eyes as I felt the soft air breeze against my skin.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone cheered.

I opened my eyes and gave a small smile to the sky. "Happy New Year Mum and dad" I whispered.

I heard the door open behind making me quickly compose myself, I peered over my shoulder to see Freya, she walked over to me and sat beside me and instantly pulled me into her, letting me rest my head on her shoulder.

"Do you want to get out of here" She whispered.

I raised up and gave her a questioning look. "Is that a chat up line?" I joked.

"Emily and I are hungry, and that restaurant is still open, fancy stuffing your face with cake?"

I nodded with the blonde instantly pulling me up on my feet, she waved over at the brunette through the window who instantly put her cup down and ran out the house.