043

A Week Later

The countdown for the game had begin and there was only half an hour left on the clock, Wembley stadium was slowly filling up with loud joyful Brazilian along with happy English fans. Yasmine was currently going through some shooting drills with Toni, Fran, Rachel Daley and Jodie. Phil had his eyes on her closely, even though she did convince him just a few hours ago that she was in the right state of mind. She then rang Mere in floods of tears as she knew that she had to do something 'big' to get the thoughts of her debut.

This game was quite a big deal as it had quite a few big stars sat in the venue, Simon had already had a conversation with Neymar, 'Fat' Ronaldo, David Luiz (who is hoping that Yasmine plays well, but ofcourse is backing his home country) along with Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard (who have been arguing since they got here) and is now being separated by Danny Welbeck. The likes of Alex Scott, Gary Neville were stood around the pitch taking about both teams who they think has the best chance to win this.

The teams retired to the dressing room, Yasmine sat down in her spot beside Jordan Nobbs and Toni Duggan, as Phil walked in everyone quietened down. The blonde was fiddling with her tape as she was kind of listening to the Mancunian but wasn't really. Her eyes shifted as she heard the name 'David Beckham' and the door opened and as if by magic the sex symbol appeared with a massive smile on his face. He gave us a small team talk and then went to everyone individually to psych everyone up.

Yasmine was getting annoyed as she looked at herself in the mirror as she couldn't get her braids less wonky. Savannah was the only person who could feel how tense she was, she tried to reach out to her but she wasn't having any of it. As they stood in the tunnel waiting to get on the pitch, it was obvious how much she was in the zone.

The game started with both teams being 50/50, each team was giving each other respect and closing the player as soon as they get the ball, knowing if they don't get close enough they could suffer a deadly defeat. Neville's voice travelled through the pitch as he was telling us to change it up.

Within 15 minutes Brazil won a free kick, which Marta took the opportunity and slotted in the top corner which Chamberlain just got her fingertips on but it still went in.

Yasmine was the first one to rile up the team, within seconds the lionesses were on a counter attack. Both Toni and Fran was waiting for Jill Scott's cross, the blonde managed to get her head on it with goalkeeper throwing her body at it, which fell right at at Yasmine's feet. She took a strike with it bulging in the top corner, the crowed instantly erupted into cheers as the blonde ran straight to Sav and G who were warming up on the touchline.

The game was now 70 minutes with 3 goals bagged for both teams, Yasmine was trying to get her hattrick to take home the match ball. Chamberlain rolled the ball straight to Nobbs feet, it was currently three on two with both Lloyd and Howard running along side her, she slipped the ball to Gee which was alittle short. Once she had the ball everyone had time to get back, she ran towards the corner and cheekily nutmegged the defender and gave it back to Millie, she looked up and crossed the ball which Fran headed it towards Toni. The scouse has to run away from the goal due to two players on her, she smoothly gave it to Lloyd as she jogged past her. She looked up and saw a small gap, she instantly opened her body and kicked the ball with her laces. It went in slow motion as the defenders couldn't get their block the shot, the goalkeeper dived but it went past her and went over the line.

The stadium went wild as everyone jumped over the blonde in celebration. A sigh of relief beckoned on Meredith, Simon and Yasmine as she was now able to play to her ability on an international level, she was now no longer over shadowed by the terrible attack that she had faced which every was talking about, wondering if she would be able to fill her ability in a three lion shirt.

The final whistle went with Yasmine instantly falling to the floor with exhaustion and emotion. Phil was the first one over to her and pulled her back to her feet and engulfed her in a hug.

"How are feeling?" He questioned holding her face.

She nodded. "Fucking amazing" she laughed.

The ref appeared and handed her the match ball. Once she did her rounds of congratulating the Brazilians and hugging her teammates she was on the side lines with the other Neville and her ex Arsenal teammate Alex.

"How are you feeling after the match?" Gary smiled.

A small laugh appeared from the Geordie as she shifted awkwardly. "Obviously it was amazing that we got the won after an intense game but it feels a little bit more special getting my first hat trick" she smiled.

"The second goal you scored, there is a little dispute about who had the last touch, you or Kirby?" Alex stated.

She crinkled her nose up. "It was 100% my goal, there is no dispute about it and she knows it was my goal"

"That told you! There was a little bit of a buzz that you weren't going to be playing tonight, what did my brother say to you? And it must of been hard for you to get back after what happened in your debut" Gary announced.

She shifted from one foot to another. "Phil has been wonderful as usually, I had to convince him that I was mentally ready. For me I was nervous at the beginning of the match but I am so glad that he gave me faith to go out there and do what needs to be done" she spoke calmly. "Since I was young I've dreamt to play for my country and I'm not going to let what happened affect me, both my parents wouldn't want that and somehow I feel like this is keeping them alive"

She was getting a tad bit emotionally which everyone noticed, Alex grabbed her hand as Gary wrapped his arms around her as she tried her hardest to not let the tears fall from her eyes.

"You've got a lot of support, with David Luiz and a few of the English boys being in the stadium." Alex admitted.

A small smile appeared on her face. "David said if England won he'd take me out for dinner, but he's a sore loser so I'll have to take him up on that" she laughed.