040

Two Weeks

Yasmine was one of the last players out of the team bus with the some of the fans who had waited to see their favourite players cheering with excitement. G followed close of heels as the two friends were laughing at the video they just watched off Twitter, they were both excited to play together again and hopefully win more trophies, like they did at Arsenal.

Newcastle were back in the FA WSL 1 league which meant Yasmine could play her childhood club, she wished her dad was here as he'd be so stoked about his daughter returning. The one thing about Newcastle is they back their own no matter what jersey they are now wearing they will always sing 'one of our own'. The two girls gave some attention to the fans as they were excited to see the new signing in her first match for them as well as the Newcastle clan were excited to see Yasmine again.

The team gathered in the away dressing room listening to the game plan while they changed from their tracksuit to their warm up kit. They all sheepishly left the warm building and got out to the half filled stadium which felt even colder. The coaches quickly got them all moving so their muscles didn't stiffen up.

Alan Shearer was on the sidelines with a microphone in his hand, Paul Gascoigne was also nearby talking to his ex teammate Gary Lineker. They didn't go unnoticed to the fans as they started chanting each of their names and throwing Yasmine's name into the mix.

The game started as soon as the heavens opened and it was pouring with rain. It took everyone a few minutes to get used to how wet the field was and getting used to everyone slipping on the mud every so often. By the 30 minute mark the Chelsea white kit had mud splattered all over them, looking like they were pooed themselves like Lineker himself.

Most of the game was at 0-0 as they decided to park the bus to make it tough for the visitors to get the three points. It was obvious they didn't think they'd be able to get a win against us. It wasn't until the last second of the 90th minute, when Howard and Lloyd teamed up like they used to do for Arsenal with G managing to get her forehead on Yasmine's cross. The ball bulged the net making the travelling fans jump up in delight, for the new signing scoring in her debut match.

The final whistle blew with Yasmine instantly going over to her ex teammates and her ex manager who gave her a welcoming bear hug. She made sure she gave her jersey to a fan, choosing a Newcastle young fan.

"Lloyd, you managed to set up a goal for the three points. What was it like to be back to the team where everything started?" A young women asked behind the camera.

"All the girls showed their will power and how much they wasn't going to let it slip. I think we had a lot of chances throughout the game but I am just glad we got there. Being back in Newcastle and playing against the players that made me who I am now was kind of emotional" Yasmine smiled.

"You gave a Newcastle fan your jersey"

She nodded her head. "I felt all the support from them during the match, if I can inspire another generation of girls and show them how far they can come with their passions I definitely will"

"Howard was playing her debate, did you speak about her getting a goal to open her account?"

She let out a small laugh. "G has a habit to score in the big games and showing off how good she is as a player. Chelsea have got a good player in her"

QOTD: What parts of the game do you like to hear about?

......

I had just got home from Newcastle and decided to spend the first few hours sitting on the balcony to clear my head with yoga. I managed to get forty minutes of mediation before I got interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

I turned off the classic music and made my way through the apartment, the door flung open and found Simon smiling at me sheepishly.

"I've brought pizza" he smiled.

I looked down and saw a big pizza box in his hands along with two hoodies under his arm.

"Netflix?" I questioned as I stepped aside to let him inside.

He walked to the kitchen and got two plates out along with glasses for the bottle of pop he had brought. I set Netflix up and decided to watch Sisterhood Of Travelling Pants, which I knew he wouldn't enjoy it, but I didn't care. I pulled on the new Sidemen hoodie which was a light yellow colour, leaving Simon with the pale purple.

"So how was the game yesterday?" He asked as he joined me on the sofa.

"It was tough, I'm feeling it in my calves right now" I said light heartedly. "Everyone was so welcoming, it was like a little homecoming" I smiled.

"They should be proud of you, you are one of them and you have done bits since you left" He smiled.

I raised my brows at him. "I've done bits" I joked making us both laugh. "I've got so much I want to do to go be back to the community that has helped me" I admitted as I picked the cheese off the pizza.

"Like?"

I shrugged. "Make a safe community for young girls to live their dreams with the sport, give the girls an opportunity that they might not get"

"Why can't all people be like you, people promise things but as soon as they get billions of money they get too big for boots and forget about helping anyone else"

"Everybody gets where they are because someone gives them something to realise their dreams, I'm just going carrying on the circle"

He nodded as he listened. "You mean like JJ made my career?"

"Sure" I laughed.

He smiled before shifting his attention to the screen and frowning once he realised that it was a chic flick. I instantly moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I've missed this" he suddenly whispered.

I looked up at him. "What?" I laughed.

"Just us spending time together, whenever we are together it just feels..."

I instantly cut him off. "If you say something cheesy Minter I'll kick you out!" I warned.

He chuckled. "Ok fine, you dickhead" he joked.

I playfully hit his arm before I placed my head back on his shoulder, I felt his head lean onto mine as we enjoyed eachothers company.
.......

Thoughts on the fight yesterday? Im so pissed that Deji's team throw the towel in, he 100% had it.