020

I stood staring at my hand that was decorated with the most beautiful ring with a big sparkling diamond. I couldn't help but noticed how long and elegant my fingers looked when I had the silver jewellery on. My mind instantly went to Simon and wondered if our engagement would be public yet and what kind of ring he would of chose for me.

"Yas" Gray whispered as he appeared beside me.

I hummed in response as I slipped off the ring off my finger, making me come back to reality. I was no longer engaged which meant I wouldn't need an engagement ring, even though I have fallen in love with a lot of them.

"You alright?" He smiled trying to make eye contact with me.

I turned away from him and quickly wiped my eyes which was filled with tears. "Have they chosen the rings yet?" I asked clearly my voice.

He let out a small laugh as I looked over at the couple. Mum had her arm extended so she could examine the rings, with Fredrick standing at the side of her looking through the ones placed on the glass side.

I bite my lip and nodded, instantly knowing this was going to take a lot longer than I first expected.

I walked over to them which Fredrick noticed us and waved us over.

"You alright?" He whispered as I appeared beside him.

I nodded as I looked over the rings that they picked out, which were all silver plated with a few had a small diamond placed in the band. A lot of them looked very similar from afar but very different if you gave them a closer look.

I picked out a one and slipped it on to his finger, I held his hand trying to check if it looked good.

"I love your mum a lot" he whispered, making me nod as I replaced it with another one. "None of us are here to replace anyone who we have lost individually, but we want to make our own kind of family. We have been through hard couple of years and we all deserve to be happy and have a fairytale ending, right?" He spoke softly.

I nodded. "No one deserves a fairytale ending more than my mum" I smiled at him. "And I have to say you make her very happy" I admitted.

"I'm not here to replace your dad, I know I'm nowhere near of a man to do that. But I want you to know that you can confide in me with anything and I will always be here to keep both you and your mum safe"

I could feel myself tearing up so I quickly pulled him into a hug.

"Thanks Fred" I whispered.

.....

"So how are you and my favourite Sidemen?" I asked slightly laughing at myself.

The blonde nodded as she played with her glass on the wooden table. "Yeah we are alright" she beamed. "I don't know it's weird, I feel like we are at an awkward stage like not know where we are going next" she explained.

"I mean you are living together. Do you want a ring?" I questioned.

She looked at me sheepishly then nodded which made me squeal in excitement. "You wanna marry Tobs!" I smiled. "This is so exciting!" I sang.

She hushed me as a few people around us attention which I didn't really care as I was happy dancing in my chair.

"He hasn't even asked me yet and you are celebrating!" She rolled her eyes at me playfully.

I shrugged. "Hey! I can gently feed the idea to him" I spoke in a duh tone, thinking it was obvious.

She let out a small giggle before sipping her gin trying to hide it from me.