t h r e e

• 

the next morning she left early since she wanted to catch up with a few patients she didn't have time previously to see since one of them was sick.

she was finishing her bagel when someone knocked on the door. a serious-looking big guy like a bear, entered her office clearing his throat. "dr. park?" she looked at him.

"i am sorry to interrupt your breakfast but patient lee is here for his therapy session."

her eyes widened as she quickly opened the drawer of her desk, shoving the rest of her bagel there. she completely lost track of time. "good morning hyunwoo-ssi... sure bring him in." she said nodding, as she drank the last sip of her coffee and cleaned her lips with a napkin. he nodded and walked out giving her a few seconds to finish.

she grabbed her notebook and walked towards the couch, she pulled a bag of candy from her purse and poured them into a plastic bowl next to the patient's couch and quickly sat back in her chair.

the door opened after a few soft knocks and hyunwoo walked inside followed by the patient only.

"good morning minhyuk-ssi." she said smiling at him. he walked slowly, dragging his feet as his eyes avoided hers at all costs. hyunwoo waited for him to sit on the couch finally glancing at soon, bowing and leaving them alone.

"how are you?" she asked, trying to look for his eyes. he sighed deeply.

"they didn't give me pudding this morning...- he shook his head – do you have any idea how hurtful is that? they act as if i am not there." he said.

soon nodded. "who?"

"the voices." he shrugged, placing his hand under his chin. "what did they say to you?"

"to not eat the pudding but i really wanted to." he said with sad eyes.

"then why didn't you eat it? you're surely stronger than they are, aren't you?" she asked.

minhyuk hesitated for a second as he finally looked at her with scared eyes. "do you think so?"

"of course i do! you're very brave and capable of do whatever you want." she said with a wide smile, a contagious one since immediately he smiled too.

"of course i can!" he exclaimed lifting his fists in the air. soon smiled too.

"what is your favorite pudding flavor?"

"can you guess dr. park?" he asked sitting comfortably on the couch, his feet up and knees under his chin. she didn't mind at all.

"hmm... let me see... you have a gentle face with big bright eyes... and you have a bubbly personality that everyone loves... so i assume, it's strawberry?" she asked.

minhyuk's cheeks blushed as he laughed shyly, covering his cheeks. "n-noo... dr. park... do you think everyone loves me?" he asked with a hint of doubt.

because that's how he have felt most of his life, unwanted and lonely.

soon smiled. "of course... who wouldn't?"

he was smiling but suddenly the smile drifted away and he looked down. "my parents?"

soon wanted to celebrate right there but she knew it'd be so unprofessional. she had been wanting minhyuk to bring up his parents at some point but he never did and always refused to talk about them.