t h i r t y s i x

•    

"so... there's something i need to talk to you... - she cleared her throat as she tried to find the right words – about the... progress of the therapy."

it was monday again. the weekend had been intensely long for her. after reading more and researching more, she found ways that could help her through her process to find nam gun.

"s-sure – dr. park." hyungwon said with a weak voice as he played with the hem of his sleeve.

she had waited the whole day, almost wishing it was 4:00 p.m. already, only to see him. she was excited about the anticipation of him but it excited her more to try the new method.

"well... hypnosis had been helpful to some extent... i know it's hard to believe but- you have- well... the others had revealed certain information that surely had been vital to help me understand what happened." she tried to sound as friendly as she could.

that day she had dressed with a long sleeved dark green turtle neck and a pair of black pants. she didn't want to look too attractive since she needed to talk to hyungwon instead of inho.

soon knew inho could pop in any minute so she needed to stay with hyungwon a little bit more. "y-yes?"

it was obvious he was nervous about what she had to say. he didn't like that place and he really wanted to get better soon, to return to his old life, or the parts of it.

"yes. do you... do you know the others?" she asked, paying extra attention to his facial expressions.

he swallowed hard.

"no." he said shaking his head softly.

"are you-

"but i've heard... voices." he then added, looking down as if he was ashamed. soon's eyes widened slightly as she focused on him. "voices?" she asked.

he nodded. "it's... like whispers... like when you're overhearing a conversation." he said now looking at her, with big and wide eyes.

she felt bad for a second. he looked so confused and helpless. she sighed and closed the notebook and stared at him. "do you know... what they say?"

he shook his head. "i can't- hear them clearly... it's just... murmurs." he said looking away.

"hyungwon-ssi... - she called his name and he slowly looked at her – do not feel ashamed. these things are normal for patients who suffer from DID... hearing whispers it's a sign that you know there are others and the more you know about the others, the more you can fight them... to erase them from your mind... to be back as your normal and only self." she tried to sound as reassuring as she imagined.

but apparently it had been contagious since for the first time she noticed a glimpse of hope on hyungwon's eyes.

"do you... want to talk about them?"

he tilted his head in confussion." a-about t-the others?" he asked, as if he was afraid of the only mention of it.

soon nodded. "i-.... i am not- s-sure dr. park." his nerves increased at the same time he moved on the couch, scratching the back of his head.

"it's fine. i am not forcing you to do anything you don't want to. okay?" hyungwon noticed there was a difference between dr. park and dr. kang.

dr. park was sweet and caring. he couldn't remember the last time that someone treated him like that. with such care. it was as if he felt she truly cared about him.