t h i r t y s e v e n

•    

the air grew thicker in the room once hyungwon left. soon looked for a chair as a support.

the new information she possessed about hyungwon was disturbing her peace.

she knew one of his identities was dangerous, other was vulnerable and other seemed to get always what he wanted, no matter the way.

and a lot of things have happened lately and some revelations had been made. it was now soon's job to find out who had done each action and who had revealed the information.

she went through the files over and over. dr. kang stated that one of the identities revealed that it remembered its mother as a sweet and caring person. it even stated that her touch was soft and she had a smooth silky skin.

but for a 2 or 3 year old baby was almost impossible to remember such thing with such detail.

inside the boxes, filled with all of dr. kang's work she found a forgotten laptop. soon frowned as she grabbed it on her hand. she had never seen it before.

as she tried to turn it on, the door opened, revealing a tired-looking kyunji. she quickly hid the laptop as if she had been discovered doing something wrong. "dr. park?" she called her name.

"ah yes, here." she said now collecting some of the papers scattered around the desk. kyunji approached her.

"how was the session with patient chae?" she asked crossing her arms on her chest with curious eyes. soon glanced at her with warning.

"fine. he's making progress."

"really? what kind?" she asked.

soon narrowed her eyes. "you know we can't reveal this information, i am sorry kyunji." the last thing soon needed was her or anyone else, besides dr. lee, to know about hyungwon.

she sighed. kyunji was always interested in the well being of the patients but not to his extent. it seemed that she was especially interested in a particular patient. "alright... i hope he's doing fine." she said giggling. soon frowned. kyunji played with her hair and bit her lip softly.

"he's... cute, don't you think dr. park?" the words took soon by surprise. she tensed for a second as stared at kyunji with confusion.

"really? in what way?" she asked standing from the desk and putting all the documents back inside the box. she noticed kyunji walking around with lovey dovey eyes.

"well... i know it's stupid to feel this way since he's a patient here but... i can swear he's been flirting with me." she said as the color of her cheeks changed dramatically.

soon's eyes widened as she felt the sudden stung on her chest. her jaw automatically tensed and she quickly looked away, focusing on getting her stuff.

"well... that surely sounds absurd kyunji-ssi – she closed her eyes, giving her back to the young assistant. kyunji sighed.

"i know! i know... it's just- it's kind of unfair right? for him, i mean... to be here – she felt kyunji walking around the office - he's charming and handsome... and probably smart too, he deserves better-

"stay away from him." soon widened her eyes when she found herself exclaiming the words to a confused and surprised kyunji.

"dr. park?" she asked confused. soon didn't expect to come out as harshly as that but it just the way it happened.