t w e n t y n i n e

•    

please... dr. park... help me, please... don't leave me...

the words were stuck on soon's mind. they'd echo inside her head day and night. she knew it had been hyungwon the one who asked for her help.

his face practically begged her so desperately for help but his eyes seemed to be lost, as if he was asking for help about something he didn't know.

and maybe it was like that. maybe hyungwon felt he had done something terrible but he couldn't remember. it made perfect sense, since at the end, he had done something terrible but it hadn't been him but one of his identities.

soon wasn't exactly sure who had it been, but whoever attacked hyunwoo the way it did, she was 100% sure it hadn't been hyungwon.

she was determined to confirm it on their next therapy session. soon thought that hypnosis would help the patient to remember some of the blank spaces on his life. moments that he had lived but clearly doesn't remember.

maybe if hyungwon cooperated during the hypnosis sessions, he could remember which identity was the one who attacked hyunwoo.

of course soon had her own suspicions. all her bets were on nam gun. even if she haven't talked to him formally or maybe have a real and long conversation with him. she knew the way he looked.

that day on the cells in the restricted area, the way he turned to look at her, the way his eyes remained stuck on her, the cold ice stare. she knew it. she knew when it was him.

"how are you feeling today hyungwon-ssi?" she asked him.

hyungwon had arrived 2 minutes late, rowoon blamed it on the elevator and he said they had to wait. he didn't seem pleased about it. she knew he wasn't probably in the mood for hypnosis today.

"i was taking a nap before coming here but i didn't finish. naturally, i am still tired dr. park." he said closing his eyes.

he wasn't cold like nam gun, confident like inho and definitely not happy like haejun. he was just... different. like a normal guy. a guy without DID.

"i am sorry for that. i know you take your naps seriously, but the therapy is mandatory, you know it." she tried to reason with him. he looked up and her and finally nodded between a sigh.

"okay, so are you ready?" he only nodded. she turned on the app sound generator and started talking.

the soothing voice made hyungwon almost immediately close his eyes. he heard the numbers, counting from 1 to 10 and he imagined the scenario she pictured.

it was the woods, just as he told her.

a small part of him felt grateful that she still picked that as the main scenario, even if in his mind, after getting there, it quickly changed. it never stayed the same for more than a few seconds.

"where are you now?" she asked. he heard her voice close to him. the vision of the woods in front of him began to tremble and soon it vanished.

the only thing he could see was a living room now. "a living room... someone's living room."

"do you know whose living room is?" he only shook his head.

"how old are you?" he turned around and saw his reflection in the mirror. fresh cheeks, definitely shorter but wide back already.