f o r t y n i n e

•    

hyungwon smiled at her as a child would on the morning after christmas. he didn't know nor understood the real meaning behind her words.

he only remembered being hyungwon all the time. but he didn't remember being someone else, because that's when the others took power.

whenever the other alters came out, hyungwon would be in a state of sleep. his mind would travel to some other place in which he believed was sleeping or resting. that's why he only remembered being hyungwon all the time.

but the look on soon's eyes made him believe that those were good news. "really? now what?" he asked excited.

"now we keep the exposure therapy... which is basically you revealling traumatic experiences – his face changed, a confused expression laid on his face – that will help you overcome these things and it could contribute to returning to your old self."

he swallowed hard. "do you think it'll work?"

soon remained silent for a few seconds and finally sighed. " i don't know. but we need to try, there's nothing to lose."

she knew every patient was different and all minds worked differently too.

it was hard for her to determine whether this therapy would help him or not but she was more than willing to do anything in her power.

"alright." hyungwon trusted her with all his being. he'd do anything she'd ask. after all, she had been the only person in the entire world, who really wanted to help him.

"what do i need to do?" he asked, looking at her with big eyes.

"just cooperate with me, and we'll be fine." she honestly spoke.

but at that point, it had been more than 24 hours since soon took him out of the clinic. she knew they couldn't stay there much longer.

the clinic would follow their steps, even if she tried so much to cover them, if they called the police, they were going to find them.

"for now... let's pack our things." she said nodding, a reassuring nod that immediately made hyungwon stand from the couch.

"what about therapy?" he asked confused.

"we're having it in a different place." she said smiling.

the idea seemed attractive for him, after all, he's been locked for so long.

he's been dreaming to go outside, to see the things he missed the most. so naturally, he agreed almost immediately.

he went inside the bedroom and started packing all the things into soon's bags. she went to the kitchen and did the same.

while she was at it, her phone vibrated again, showing kihyun's name on the screen. it was a call, soon to be a missed call.

she felt guilt and pain as she ignored it, putting the phone back into her pockets, she quickly kept packing.

it hurt the fact that she had to lie to him, to ignore him. after all, he was her fiancé.

"it's done." hyungwon appeared on the kitchen's door frame and smiled, holding the two backpacks on his hands.

she nodded as she collected the rest of the bags. "let's go." she said, feeling the need to get out of that place as soon as she could.

they put on the bags inside the car, soon closed the house and left the key right where the owner asked her to, and they quickly drove away.