n i n e

•  

the fresh night air caressed her face as she made her way out of the clinic. the night was dark already and she couldn't believe how quickly it darkened that day.

but before she could notice it was past 6 p.m that night.

the security guard bid his goodbye as she walked down the stairs of the entrance.

she spotted a familiar car, parked across the street and she immediately knew it was kihyun's car.

those last few days she had been driven around by him, with the excuse that he wanted to spend more time with her.

but in reality, he did it all so she depended on him, that way he wouldn't let het overstay at work.

she was aware of it all. she knew his hidden intentions and even if it might seem like he had controlling tendencies, she knew he did it for her good.

he was waiting inside of the car who was casually turned on. soon crossed the street and rushed to the black mercedes that shined with the city lights.

"hey hun." she said closing the door as she stepped in.

she have had this conversation and this exact scenario plenty times before. it always worked out the same.

she'd come in with a sweet voice, calling him pet names, trying to act cute for him but she knew he was pissed and she knew he'd be harsh with her.

"it's past 5 p.m." it was the first thing he said as he turned the wheel and drove away from the clinic. soon swallowed hard.

"i know – she said chuckling nervously, scratching the back of her neck – i lost track of time again, sorry." she said smiling, looking for his hand that was resting on the gear.

he didn't push her away but he didn't move either. his hand was cold but soft at the touch.

kihyun remained silent as his eyes focused on the road. she noticed he was wearing his usual black suit. he possessed around 40 suits that looked exactly the same. the white robe he'd always leave it at his office just as her.

he looked handsome but tired and slightly annoyed. soon wanted to kiss him but didn't dare. "you look tired today." she pointed out after no one talked.

he sighed. "i am."

"of what?" she asked.

he shook his head slightly. "of so many things... but for starters, the fact that you seem to enjoy overstaying at work – he glanced at her for the first time since she set a foot inside his car – don't you remember what happened last time?" the mention of it sent cold shivers down soon's spine.

she swallowed hard and quickly looked away. "that was a one time thing, you don't need to bring it out every time i overstay at work."

"it's not just the fact that you overstay... it's the fact that you have a lot on your plate soon-ah... don't you think you're... working excessively?" his voice was somehow calmed but had a scolding tone.

she knew he was a few years older than her and that always gave him some certain air of authority and by that time, she was used to it.

"do you think so?" she asked, he just nodded.

"i am sure of it... - he shook his head now, looking at her with worried eyes – i don't want you to get sick... like it happened last time." he pointed out again, even if she hated whenever he mentioned it.