f o u r

• 

"i heard minhyukie ate a chocolate bar today? is that true?" kyunji, who followed the patient's stories closely, said with bright eyes, entering soon's office.

she smiled. "he did... well not a whole chocolate bar, a small one but yeah... he made some important progress today."

kyunji smiled widely. "really? i am so happy for him, he seems better these days." she said cheerfully.

soon remained quiet and she noticed. "what? is there something wrong?"

she shrugged. "i can't know... sometimes patients show progress but then they come back to the place they were and even worse..."

"so?" kyunji asked.

"so... it frightens me that this is minhyuk's case." she said finishing her sandwhich and cleaning her fingers with the napkin. kyunji stared at her with confused eyes.

"do you really think so?"

the doctor only shrugged wishing for the best. it was true minhyuk had been locked up there for the past few years, but he entered being a teenager and he was a young adult now, soon worried about him and his adaptation process back into the civilization.

after lunch, she checked a few patients on their respective rooms and had therapy with the eating disorder group at 3:00 p.m.

once it ended, she checked the clock and realized it'd be 4:00 in any minute. that meant she'd have to go back to her office to wait for hyungwon's visit since it was his hour of therapy session.

on her way back she ran into hoseok as he almost knocks her down. "oh god, dr. park are you okay?" he asked concerned.

she composed herself, fixing her hair as she laughed nervously. "of course, it was an accident, it's fine." she said moving her hands, as if it was okay.

he seemed concerned about her. "really?" he asked again with worried eyes. she just nodded.

"are you on your way back to the office?" he asked.

"ah – she hugged herself – yes, i have a patient at 4:00 so – she started walking – i better get going." she said. he opened his mouth to ask something but she didn't give him too much time since she was already on her way upstairs.

when she spotted kyunji in the distance, she had a worried face. her eyes widened as she motioned inside her office. "he's there." she whispered-shouted.

soon's eyes widened. "what? why?"

kyunji only shrugged. "i have no idea. he just walked in."

"alone?" she asked, kyunji nodded.

"why? where are the nurses?"

"i don't know. do you want me to call them?" soon glanced at the door. it was surely closed and for a second she feared about going inside.

"are his hands tied?"

"i think so...?" kyunji said not completely sure. soon sighed.

"it's fine. don't call anyone. i don't want to get him into trouble. i'll ask myself." she said walking cautiously towards the door but stopped for a second.

"actually if i scream then call them." she said looking at her assistant with a sharp nod that kyunji also returned.

she pushed the door open and stepped inside cautiously but still trying to look relaxed.