f i f t y o n e

•    

she never knew how death felt like. she heard of it and even studied it for years in the university.

but one thing was knowing about it and another different thing was to feel it.

she felt how death approached as he pushed the knife inside and twitched it, providing her with a greater pain than she had ever imagined.

tears ran down her eyes as she held onto his arm with the last breath she had.

but then, as a miracle, the door opened with a loud thud and familiar voice echoed inside the room.

she felt how the pain eased when he suddenly disappeared from her visual camp and with him, the knife had been pulled out.

just a second later, his eyes filled with hate and anger, strange and scary, were replaced by a pair of familiar and loving eyes. "kihyunie." she mumbled with all her strength as he nodded softly, his hands holding her face desperately, eyes filled with tears.

"you'll be alright." was the only thing she read, from his lips and just then she felt at peace.

the room stopped spinning and everything turned dark and peaceful.

she couldn't remember what have happened. she didn't know where she was, she didn't even know if she was alive.

the only thing she knew were the sounds around her, a door opening, a strange beep, whispers and then beats.

her own beating heart.

her eyes felt the need to open as soon as she felt the live within her and they were soon shocked by the great amount of light around her.

and just then a warm touch relaxed her. "hey... it's okay." the reassuring tone raced her heart.

the trustworthy and worried eyes of kihyun, stared at her with so much concern and worry. you could notice he had been crying for the last hours.

"how do you feel?" he asked immediately.

she blinked twice, her arms lifting automatically, looking for him. she just wanted to touch his face, to see if he was real.

soon needed to know if all of this wasn't a dream, since she remembered how inho tried to kill her. she knew that thing had been real since she felt the pain, the dull pain, running through her veins when he pushed the knife into her.

"where are we?" she asked, feeling her eyes getting wet again.

kihyun comforted her, bringing her head into his arms, on his chest's embrace. "we're on the clinic, you're fine." he said, petting her head with so much care that one would think she was a new born baby.

she cried.

when soon realized she was safe and sound and that everything was real. and she was alive, she started crying.

millions of thoughts and feelings invaded her mind and heart and shame was the first of them, especially after seeing kihyun there, with her.

"i am so sorry." she cried against his chest, wetting his dark green knitted sweater. he smelled like home and she couldn't believe everything she had done to him in the past months.

soon knew that words weren't going to be enough ever, to apologize to kihyun.

he sighed, closing his eyes. "the important thing is that you're okay." he kept repeating as she cried, he somehow was trying to relax her.