e l e v e n

•   

that weekend was overall tense. even though kihyun had pushed away the topic of her overstaying at work, he still was quiet most of the weekend.

they had dinner with his parents on saturday and he chose to not talk a lot, instead he went out to the balcony with his dad and drank soju there while his mother and sister stayed with soon inside, drinking tea.

sunday had been practically the same. he spent the whole day reading and resting while soon decided to bake some cookies and watch a movie that she invited him to watch as well but he refused, excusing himself and going to sleep early.

it seemed like he was upset about the previous subject even if he said he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

for soon's fortune, monday was there already and she felt slightly relieved since she was going back to work again.

she thought that maybe after those first days, she could manage to get back on tracks in terms of her relationship with her fiancé.

maybe he'd change his mind and maybe she'd comply and she'd start leaving a reasonable hour, just to avoid any weird situation with him.

that morning she decided to take some cookies with her to give some to kyunji and to the patients that day.

kyunji seemed overly excited about tasting them and once she did it, she complimented them greatly. "they taste slightly similar to my grandma's cookies... must be a similar recipe." she said with a wide smile on her face.

it made soon happy to see others happy. it didn't matter if it was over a cookie or over a treatment or a progress in a therapy session. she just loved helping people, as much as she could.

"your first patient is here." kyunji said.

soon nodded. "send him in." kyunji left the room and a few seconds later, hoseok walked in, followed by the patient.

"good morning dr. park." he said taking the patient to the couch.

"good morning boys." she said smiling. hoseok nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him, as usual.

"minhyuk-ssi... how are you this morning?"

minhyuk glanced at her with bored eyes. "i am not sure." he said shrugging, his eyes fixed at a lost point towards the window.

"why is that?"

"i feel weird lately..." he admitted, still not looking at soon.

she fixed her eyes on him, examining all of his body language. he seemed weirdly relaxed. not like previous sessions. he was always hyper, somehow moving his legs non-stop and his eyes were always looking at random spots inside the room.

his behavior had always been extreme, he was a hard patient that several times had to be sedated but that morning he was acting extremely strange.

"did the nurses give you some medication this morning?" she asked but it didn't seem like he understood the question. his visible frown was a clear sign of confusion.

she chose to ask that to hoseok later and changed the subject instead. "do you want to try my cookies?" she asked.

his eyes widened for a second as he slowly turned his head to look at her. she pointed at the jar of cookies right on top of the coffee table that was between them.