f i f t y f o u r

"i knew you'd come."she noticed his voice sounded confident. he was wearing an orange jumpsuit, as people in prison did, in the movies.

she swallowed hard but remained quiet. "isn't it beautiful? the moon?" he asked, crossing his arms on his chest.

soon noticed his muscles tensing on his back. "i- i – her voice betrayed her. it cracked.

she swallowed hard as she glanced nervously at the door and the end of the hallway. "i just came to tell you that... i know what is wrong with you now." she managed to say.

after hearing this, he slowly turned around, facing her.

the first thing she noticed was that he seemed older now. as if he had aged around 10 years in a few months.

she wondered if it had been his time in jail. but his eyes looked smaller and tired, with big dark circles around them, his hair was dry and longer than before and he looked skinnier than the last time she saw him.

the view was definitely hard, especially for her and since the doctor's point of view. after all, he had been her patient.

"really? then... what is it dr. park?"now she didn't know how he was acting. he had showed her many sides, sides that didn't exist at all.

it had always been just one side: hyungwon's.

he acted like he suffered from DID just to be close to her, just to hurt her and eventually kill her.

"you don't suffer from DID and you never did."

she noticed how he smiled. but it wasn't a sarcastic smile, it was a proud one. as if he was proud of her. "so you finally realized?" he asked.

"you're a psychopath." she admitted.

he closed his eyes and inhaled, as if he was inhaling the most amazing perfume, throwing his head backwards then slowly he brought it back and opened his eyes.

"aren't you brilliant?" he asked.

soon swallowed hard, remembering hyunwoo's words. it hadn't been her diagnosis. if he hadn't mentioned it, she would have never realized.

"hyunwoo was the one who opened my eyes." she admitted. he smiled again. "interesting... so he knew all this time." he said nodding as he took a step closer to the glass.

she felt her heart skipping a beat but then calmed herself since she knew he couldn't do anything through the glass.

he stared at her for a long second. "did you... know?" she asked.

he smiled. "maybe... but it was fun acting like i had DID." he admitted tilting his head to one side.

she looked down, feeling small and stupid. she had been part of his game, he had manipulated her in so many ways that she ended up believing he had suffer from DID all this time.

"don't feel sad dr. park... it's not your fault – he tilted his head to the other side – well, not entirely." his eyes looked at her with intensity but also with care behind them.

"you acted all this time." she said hurt.

he moved his head to one side then to the other, as if he was trying to figure out something.

"maybe... most of the parts." he said shrugging as he realized how hurt soon looked. "you believe i don't have feelings?"

"i know you don't have feelings." she sounded sure and confident, as if she was completely convinced that he was a heartless person.