t h i r t y e i g h t

•    

"how do you feel about that minhyuk-ssi?" she asked with a smile, trying to hide her tired eyes.

he moved harmonically on the couch, his shoulders were loose and his general aspect was much better. "great! actually... i want a whole chocolate cake dr. park... i think i am ready."

they both laughed at the same time. "take it easy minhyuk-ssi... baby steps." she said with a reassuring tone.

he smiled widely. "all thanks to you... i feel like a new person." he said confidently. his eyes shined with a happier glow.

"not at all... 90% of this progress is you – she said pointing at him – you've been working so hard because you want to get better and that's the important thing."

minhyuk smiled widely as he nodded, hugging one of the cushions on the couch. "have you been taking your medications?" she asked. he nodded like a little kid.

"great. that's what will help you to keep yourself balanced... you also need to take your vitamins... and remember, even if you can eat sweets now, you can't abuse. all extremes are bad."

but minhyuk had already memorized this. soon had told him plenty times that he now understood the real meaning behind.

"i now dr. park." he said nodding.

soon glanced at the clock behind him and realized their therapy session had ended. "it's now time for you to go to your chess club, have fun." she said smiling, walking with him to the door.

once again he thanked her as usual, especially this last month, where he had showed amazing progress and finally soon felt as if there was actually some hope for minhyuk.

if he kept progressing like that, eventually, he'd be able to go back to society by himself.

"dr. park?" she heard someone knocking on the door, she turned to look at hoseok. he had a shy smile.

"can i come in for a second? he asked.

"sure hoseok-ssi, please." she said pointing at the couch. he shook his head. "i won't be here for long... i just came to tell you that hyunwoo is getting better and... he'll return with us in a couple of weeks." he said with a warm smile.

soon's eyes lightened. "seriously? well that's such great news. i am so happy for him." she said.

he nodded. "yes... you see- he said scratching the back of his head- since he's the veteran nurse in here – he chuckled shyly – we're preparing a dinner party for him, for when he comes back... i was wondering if maybe you-

soon knew exactly what he was asking and she knew answer already. "sure. totally! count me in." she said nodding.

hoseok's cheeks changed colors as he nodded and bowed slightly. "thank you dr. park. it means a lot." he said smiling.

she smiled back. "he'll be happy to come back to work. we all are." he said nodding.

"i know... i bet you really miss him, i can't imagine the amount of work you have right now." she said.

hoseok nodded but then his face changed. "dr. park... about hyungwon-ssi-

"don't worry – she quickly said – it hadn't been your fault." she said with a reassuring tone. hoseok finally nodded and smiled at her.

"thank you dr. park... i'll leave now, won't take more of your time." he said with a humble tone.

"it's no problem." she said.