f i f t y

•    

the rest of the day went by easily. hyungwon talked about his experiences in the university and high school. how his mother died when he was really young but still remembered the way she smelled and how he never met the rest of his family. how relieved he was of had ran away from home and from his father.

soon had more information of him than she had in the months she worked with him at the clinic, and fortunately, none of the alters appeared, ever.

since that moment in the old house, where nam gun appeared for only a few minutes, it had been the only time.

it's been two days and only hyungwon was around. "do you want a cup of tea?" she asked, he nodded.

"may i ask you something?" his tender voice made her turn around. he was sitting on the groun, inside the room but on the balcony's door.

"sure."

"your fiancé... is he nice to you?" he asked looking at her. she walked towards him and handed him the cup with warm cherry tea. she nodded.

"why did you run away from him?"

soon swallowed hard. said in that way, it seemed like she had ran away from him, just as hyungwon ran away from home.

"i didn't run away from him." she said nervously.

he looked at the distance. the waves crashed against the ships and moved them as if they were dancing together. "it seems to me that you ran away from him."

"i... didn't."

"then why he's not here?" he asked, his eyes meeting hers for an intense moment. he had his legs crossed and his back resting on the wall.

she swallowed hard. "he wouldn't have let all of this happen... he's a moralist."

"you don't like moralists?" he asked confused.

"not so much."

"then you don't like him?"

she opened her mouth but then realized she didn't have an answer for that statement.

she liked kihyun but she hated how moralist he was. "it's not like that. i like him."

hyungwon remained silent, his eyes staring at her intensely. "then why... - he looked down ashamed, his cheeks turning red.

"why what?" she asked.

"why did you... let that happen?" he asked almost stammering. soon's eyes widened and she quickly looked away.

she had been praying all this time for him to not ask anything nor mention anything about it.

of course it had been a slip but she didn't want to manifest that to him, it could affect him right now.

"well... i- she shook her head. she couldn't tell him about her and inho. it was so unprofessional

but most of the things she had done until now had been completely unprofessional.

he looked away, back at the scenery. "sometimes... i hear voices." he said, almost a whisper.

soon's eyes widened. "voices? like how?"

"just people... talking inside my head – he looked at her, with tired eyes – as if i was overhearing things. things i shouldn't."

the worry grew inside her chest. "what have you heard?" she asked.