t h i r t e e n

•   

"soon-ah? what is that?" his voice seemed both shocked and confused. her eyes widened at the fear of being caught. she knew she wouldn't be able to explain the marks on her arms.

"w-what?" she nervously asked, quickly covering her exposed skin with the bathroom robe.

he stared at her with widened eyes in disbelief. "the shower? babe, you left it open, it's running water." he said walking inside the bathroom and towards the shower, closing the faucet.

soon breathed in relief when she realized he didn't actually saw her. "ah- yes, i was going to do that- she stopped talking when kihyun approached her and held her face between his hands.

"it's okay – he said smiling – i am always around to notice when you leave the faucet open." he finally placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"chicken will be here in 15 minutes, i'll bring it upstairs only for tonight." he said taking a step backwards and winking at her and he walked towards the door.

"i told you i wasn't hungry – she started but he was soon out of the frame.

that night, soon tried at all costs to hide the marks on her arms, wearing a white long sleeved shirt and waking up earlier the next morning, leaving sooner than kihyun.

on her way to the clinic, she glanced at her own arms as she drove, somehow she could feel his hands on her again, as a vivid memory. she could even feel warmth in there, just as if it had happened right now.

she shook her head, trying to shake her thoughts as well.

part of her was angered at hyungwon, upset over what he did. never in a million years she expected he'd grab her like that. patients knew they had to keep some certain distance with their doctors and hyungwon or whoever that was, broke that rule.

as she walked towards her office, she noticed kyunji smiling at her, waiting with a cup of coffee. "good morning dr. park."

"good morning kyunji-ssi." she said with an awkward smile. somehow soon felt as if anyone could notice the marks on her arms and she knew it was stupid since she was wearing that day a black turtle neck under her white medical robe, but still that's how she felt.

as she walked towards the door she stopped on her feet and turned to look at her assistant. "please cancel hyungwon-ssi's therapy for today, thank you." she said and quickly walked back inside, not giving kyunji time to say nor ask anything about it.

she acknowledged it was a stupid decision, probably immature but she thought it was better off this way.

the event was still fresh and she truly didn't want to sit with him in the same room, not after what happened.

she knew she shouldn't be afraid of him, after all, hyunwoo was always behind the door. a single scream from her, he'd come inside and tackle hyungwon down.

the negative side was that that would probably be fatal for hyungwon's medical record. he'd probably be sedated for the next weeks, and he'd have his hands tied for at least a month.

of course, soon didn't want that for her patient. she didn't want to see hyungwon suffering but she also needed to feel safe in order to help him.

soft knocks were heard on her door. she gave the green light and soon kyunji appeared on her door. "patient lee is here to see you dr. park." she just nodded and a few seconds later, hyunwoo walked inside, followed by the patient.