t w e n t y s e v e n

•    

"thanks god it's weekend" kihyun mumbled as he stared at his tablet, reading the newspaper.

it had been scheduled that during that weekend, she'd look for her wedding dress. it was something she's been postponing for the past 6 or 7 months since they got engaged.

soon always claimed she didn't have enough time to spend it on it. the search of a wedding dress always supposed a big concern for the bride-to-be.

brides always took weeks and even months to chose the right dress. a dress that would fulfill all of their expectations when it came to dresses. a dress that would make her feel like the most beautiful and important woman in the world, during her wedding day.

yet there she was. it was the 4th store she had visited with kihyun's mother, her own and one of her friends and fellow doctors.

she had seen plenty dresses and none of them provided her with the least empowerment nor satisfaction to be the most amazing woman on earth.

"what about this one dear? it's so cute! i love the details on the back, don't you like it?" kihyun's mom had been a great help. she had offered her disposition to the entire wedding plans.

soon's mother was usually always busy. she also worked as a doctor and her schedule was as tight as hers. "i agree with kihyunnie's mom. it is a beautiful dress. it'll look spectacular on you sweetie." her mother said.

soon's friend nodded with a pair of thumbs up. she smiled awkwardly as she looked at her own reflection in the mirror.

truth be told, she was tired of all the dressing trial and all. it was obvious it looked good on her and she just wanted the dress search to end. "you're right. i love it! i'll take this one." she said with a smile as she turned to look at the helping staff.

"can you please pack it for me?" she asked with a sweet tone. both of the mothers looked at each other with a frown. somehow they expected she'd oppose in some way, as she had done with the previous 12 dresses she tried on.

"a-are you sure? don't you have any adjustments to do or any extra requests?" kihyun's mother asked.

"yeah. remember we're not caring about expenses." her own mother added. but soon was tired, she just wanted to end it all.

"i am sure, it's this one." she said caressing the white fabric and glancing at her own reflection one more time.

she knew kihyun will compliment her dress for an eternity. it is what he does. he does it all the time.

he always complimented her clothes, her hair, everything she chose, for him was perfect, to the point she started feeling, with time, that maybe he was lying. maybe he said all those things to avoid having a discussion with her or what was worse and what scared her the most, she feared he'd say those things to not hurt her.

being with someone like that truly scared her. someone who would lie to her just to avoid hurting her. someone who would call her pretty when they actually thought the contrary.

she wanted and longed for real connections. she wanted to be with people who weren't afraid of telling things to her face. their real feelings or their real thoughts of her.

soon knew not all relationships were perfect, but sometimes she felt hers with kihyun was. enough to look like a movie-like relationship and sometimes she didn't know how to feel about it.