n i n e t e e n

"what about you dr. park? do you have any pets?" he asked, taking a final bite of his burger. she shook her head.

"in my case... i don't have a time for a pet, even though i'd love to."

he nodded, as if he understood. "i guess you're right." he simply said, cleaning his fingers with the napkin.

she drove for at least 10 more minutes until the familiar neighborhood make its presence. soon sighed in relief. it was nice to see the clinic's façade in the distance, it made her feel safer and more calmed, even though hyungwon behaved the whole way back.

"dr. park?" she heard his soft voice next to her. she glanced at him.

he was sitting straight, his hands resting on his thighs and his eyes staring intensely at her. "yes?"

"does your... fiancé approves?" the sudden question sent cold shivers down her spine.

it seemed as if he had suddenly changed and for a second, she glanced quickly to the road just to see how far the clinic was.

"approves? approve what?" she asked confused, somehow starting to go a little more faster.

"all of this?" he asked calmly.

"what do you mean with... all of this?"

"your job." he quickly said nodding.

"oh - she sighed - of course he approves... he is a doctor himself."

"is he?" he asked with a robotic voice, tilting his head to a side, piercing her with those big black eyes.

she just nodded. "what's his name?" soon's eyes widened slightly as she passed the gates of the clinic, somehow relieved.

"if... i may ask?" he added.

"uh- s-sure... his name is kihyun." she said nodding.

hyungwon's eyes narrowed as he looked away. "last name?"

"well... it's y- why are you asking me all of this?" she asked finally parking the car in front of the clinic and turning to look at him. he smiled.

"i am just... curious."

she bit her lip and sighed, closing her eyes. "yoo... his name is yoo kihyun." she said smiling.

hyungwon smiled back but this smile was different. she knew in that moment, it wasn't hyungwon but someone else and that's when she felt her blood turning cold.

soon swallowed hard as she dialed a number while hyungwon stared at her intensely with a smirk on his face.

a few seconds later two male nurses came out of the clinic to take him back inside.

hyungwon glanced at the two men dressed all in black and then back at her. "thank you dr. park... for such nice evening. i really enjoyed our meal together, although of course... this is our little secret." he said passing the bag where the food came, to the seats on the back as he winked at her.

soon the two nurses opened the passenger's door and waited for hyungwon to go out. he smirked at her and turned around, getting out of the car.

once she was left alone, soon breathed out as she felt her chest tightening. it was hard to her to find the air to breathe as she managed to push away that smirk on hyungwon's face from her mind.

someone knocked on her door and kyunji made her way inside, bowing quickly. "patient chae is on his way, i just thought you should know."