t e n

•   

"lavender... my new favorite smell." he said opening his eyes and staring down at her, a smirk was drawn to his lips as she remained motionless in her spot.

he took a few steps back and finally disappeared through the door. soon dropped in one of the chairs as she recalled what just happened, feeling more and more confused about it all, she couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth.

she recalled the moment when he told her that her hair was his new favorite smell. she had listened to it and freaked out for a second but he quickly excused himself, saying it only had been a joke.

but judging by how serious he looked a few minutes ago and how he emphasized it, soon realized it had been a truth all along.

she wanted somehow to talk to him again, to confront him about it but the thought also scared her.

it scared her the fact that he knew in detail the smell of her shampoo. in fact, it was a lavender shampoo, the only one she could use that'd leave her hair decent and that had a smell that didn't make her throw up.

it was lavender after all and he had known all the time. he guessed it, or maybe he knew it from before.

maybe it wasn't hyungwon's or whatever this identity was, first time smelling it. maybe lavender had a meaning to him and she was now determined to know the truth behind it all.

she quickly returned to her desk as she tried to keep her mind busy with other things like organizing all the files of the new patients and examining them.

and as time went by, so did the clock on her wall. in a second when she stopped reading to rest her eyes, she glanced at the clock and realized she had overstayed again. it was past 7 p.m.

her eyes widened and the natural reaction was to check her phone. she knew her fiancé had been crystal clear about her next time overstaying.

but there was no message nor missed calls. nothing.

she sighed in relief, thinking that maybe he had forgotten about it or maybe he was busy too and had to overstay as well.

the thought of it being true excited her, at least now she could turn the tables and throw it to his face.

and with a victorious smile, she collected all her stuff as she did her way out of the office since her back had started to hurt.

as usual, kyunji wasn't there. she always left on time.

but that was not what caught her eye, it wasn't the empty spot in kyunji's desk. it was the shadow of a known profile that disappeared upstairs.

her body froze when she took a second to find some sense into it and to realize she hasn't been dreaming.

"kihyunnie?" she asked, glancing at the stairs. his body wasn't there anymore, only the footsteps could be heard.

"kihyunnie? oppa?!" she asked as her feet moved quickly through the stairs. her heart racing at the expectation.

"yoo kihyun!" she exclaimed once she reached the last floor aka the ceo's floor, just in time for her to see kihyun walking inside his office and closing the door behind him.

she swallowed hard as she almost dropped on her knees.

kihyun had warned her. he had told her that the next time she'd overstay, he'd come here to talk with her boss.