f i f t y t w o

•    

2 months later

"are you sure you can walk by yourself baby?" kihyun's worried voice echoed in the hallway under the covered parking lot. soon tried not to laugh.

"of course i am fine, don't you see?" she said as if she was running towards the elevator's entrance.

kihyun had parked the car on the usual parking lot and was taking her coat since she had forgotten it on the back's seat.

"i am fine. stop worrying so much." she said once he put it around her shoulders. he smiled warmly at her and grabbed her hand, leading her towards the elevator.

"i still think you could have taken the rest of the year. you have no need of working-

"but i miss it and think about my patients... they must be feeling lonely and abandoned." she said pushing the buttons on the familiar elevator.

she was excited to be back at the clinic, after 3 months. doctors had recommended to have one more month of resting but only because kihyun tried to convince them for her to stay at home longer.

but soon felt and looked fine. she was back at her usual self and she was dying to get back at work.

everyone in the clinic greeted with smiles and cheerful words. some nurses were happy she was back and wished her a great day.

and she couldn't help but also feel excited about seeing dahyun, hoseok and hyunwoo again.

"i heard hyunwoo recovered just fine." kihyun said once the elevator's door opened on her floor. they walked out, hand in hand. she nodded.

"i can't wait to see him." she obviously wanted to see him and ask him how these past months had been for him, especially since he was recovering as well.

dr. lee had prepared a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates for her, waiting at her office. there were also card of good wishes, signed by all the staff and some of the patients of the clinic.

the smile didn't fit in her mouth when she saw all these gifts and kyunji waiting faithfully inside. "it's so nice to have you back dr. park." she said hugging her.

it was true. it was great to be back.

kihyun looked at her with sparkly eyes as he smiled, walking around the office. "chocolates look tasty." he said taking a seat on the couch. she smiled as she put on the white robe and looked around.

everything seemed to be on the same exact place where she left it and it made her happy to see kyunji had left everything like that.

"thank you." she said to her and kihyun.

"so... where's the first patient?" he asked, grabbing one of the chocolates from the box.

soon looked at him with scolding eyes. "don't you think you need to go to your work too?" she asked, placing her hands on her waist, with a joking tone.

he grimaced. "i don't think so. i like it here more." he said shrugging.

kyunji laughed. "i heard you set a date for the wedding." she said with shy eyes.

"true. it's on april 4th." he said with a triumphant smile. soon's cheeks changed colors.

"ohh wonderful! it'd be spring!" kyunji said with lovey eyes. "i congratulate you both. i can't wait for april to arrive."