t h i r t y f i v e

•    

the second encounter had been even more stressful but more exciting as well. the secret laid in the fact that they could get caught in any second but fortunately they weren't.

soon still hated herself for agreeing to it a second time, but she realized she was weak when it came to hyungwon. she knew it was wrong but she admitted to herself it felt so right.

she never imagined he'd reveal information about the others the way he did. but there was still a hole in everything: nam gun.

it was clear that inho didn't want to talk about him. and it wasn't like she could ask hyungwon since he didn't even know the first of his identities.

he knew he suffered from DID but the reason why he was always so insecure and unsure, it's because he knew he was sick but he didn't know why nor knew the others.

that's why he was constantly confused about everything and he always felt frustrated for not knowing or not remembering certain things.

soon grabbed all of her stuff and made her way out of the office. she noticed kyunji was gone already so she walked towards the nurse station.

"hoseok-ssi." she called his name.

the blue haired looked up at her from the medical record he had on his hands and smiled at her. "dr. park... why are you still here?" he asked, approaching her.

she smiled awkwardly. somehow she felt guilty of what have happened between her and hyungwon and she felt as everyone knew.

"ah i was on my way back but i saw you here... - she cleared her throat nervously – can i talk to you for a second?" she asked, glancing awkwardly at the two other nurses that were behind him.

he looked at her confused but finally nodded, walking her down the hall. "sure. tell me." he said with a reassuring nod.

she ran a hand through her hair. "i... remember what we talked last time? about patient chae and the text message?" it seemed that only now hoseok remembered it.

"ah right! i totally forgot dr. park... i am deeply sorry." he quickly apologized, his cheeks changing colors. she shook her head and hands.

"it's okay... really. – she looked at him with big eyes as she pulled down the sleeves of her dress – i was wondering... if maybe we can check the security cameras? i think we can find something in there." she said with an insisting tone.

he pressed his lips in a thin line and after a few seconds, he finally nodded. "we'll need approval of dr. lee." he said with a serious tone.

she sighed as her eyes closed slightly. of course she didn't want him to know anything about it because he'd lock hyungwon and everything will be worse than already is.

"i was thinking that maybe we could leave him out of this?" she asked, still unsure. she didn't know if hoseok was on her side.

it seemed he was hesitating. "i don't want to get the patient into more trouble than he already is... trust me, with therapy he will get better. he deserves a second chance. don't we all?" she asked, finally convincing him.

hoseok was one of the only nurses that truly cared about the patients. he was sweet and kind enough to wish well for every single one of them, even for chae hyungwon.

"alright. let's go... and let me do the talking." he said nodding eagerly with his head.

soon smiled widely as she quickened her pace, following him towards the elevator.