e i g h t e e n

•  

"it was you... it was your name. park soon."

hyunwoo's words echoed inside her mind like a constant melody. a melody of torture.

soon couldn't find a reason why hyungwon would call her name in the middle of night, even if she was his doctor. why?

"i... i don't know why he was calling your name, at first i couldn't remember, but now – he seemed honest and also surprised – now everything seems to clearing in my mind, i heard it...crystal clear." somehow hyunwoo's eyes seemed worried.

the thought of hyungwon calling her name meant something much more and hyunwoo remembered as a desperate yell.

soon swallowed hard. "did he say something else? can you remember?" she asked, longing for more information.

but soon a door was closed and soon heard chaeyeong's steps. "soon-ssi... i think you should leave now." her voice was serious and it seemed as if she was demanding her to leave.

hyunwoo gave a cautious look but the woman avoid the eye contact. she remained staring at the doctor with a defiant look. "please." she finally added.

soon glanced at the injured man and nodded at him. a reassurance nod that he returned.

"i hope you get better hyunwoo-ssi... chaeyeong-ssi." she said bowing and finally leaving the room. hyunwoo's confession had left her both confused and slightly worried.

on her way to the police station, she stopped for a second to think about what hyunwoo said.

he practically confessed he knew it hadn't been hyungwon's intention, so she was right since the beginning. but she also acknowledged that one of hyungwon's identities was actually dangerous.

but never as much as to be locked away in jail. not even after what it did to hyunwoo. she was still a firm believer that with therapy he could get better.

she didn't realize when she arrived the police station since she seemed to be lost at thought.

"excuse me? i'd like to talk with detective kim?" she asked at the police station entrance. a man behind a desk who was wearing a dark blue uniform nodded and quickly dialed a number.

"he'll be here in any minute." he said with an annoyed look.

she checked one more all the documents she had signed to help on hyungwon's release. she also had been warned by her brother about the posible questions they might asked and he had offered to help if given the case, he was needed.

"everything seems... fine." the detective said after checking the documents. he seemed slightly upset though.

"so do you think we can finish all of this without a trial?" she asked. somehow she hated the idea of putting hyungwon through all the stress of being in a trial.

the detective kim glanced at her. "i mean... the victim didn't press charges so... i guess yes. this is it." he stood from the small wooden table, soon followed him.

a smile was drawn to her lips, the first time in the past three days. "that's great news, can i take him with me?"

the detective turned to look at her with widened eyes. "are you?"

"what?" she asked confused.

"taking him... with you? alone...?" it seemed that he was somehow scared of the thought.

soon frowned. "of course... he's my patient." she stated.

the man sighed. "i can have him taken by one of our patrols-