e p i l o g u e

a/n: guys thank you so much for the 20K reads on this ff omg! this is incredible.

    •    

the way back had been deathly silent. none of them said a word.

soon knew kihyun was angry because of the way he drove and held onto the wheel. he'd curse under his breath now and then as he passed cars like crazy on the avenue.

she knew that once they were back at the house, alone, she'd receive a sermon from him and deep inside she knew she deserved it.

and it was just like that, as soon as they got inside, he closed the door and turned to look at her, with fiery eyes. "what were you thinking?" he asked. his voice sounded tired yet furious.

she swallowed hard.

soon didn't have a complete answer. in fact, she didn't know what happened. she didn't know nor comprehend why she reacted that way.

"i don't know- i... i can only say that i am sorry." she tried to excuse herself, in a very lame way.

he sighed, closing his eyes slowly. he removed his jacket and shook his head. "i can't believe it." he said as he cursed under his breath.

kihyun walked forward and for a moment she thought he was going to her embrace but he walked past by. she tried to reach for him but he was quick enough to go straight to their room. she trailed behind him like a scolded puppy.

"are you mad at me? because of the way i reacted?" she said with a soft tone.

for the first time ever, she felt scared of what kihyun would do next. and this was something new for her. she had never seen him angry like this. and even though she knew he wasn't a violent man, she didn't understand why her heart was raced and scared like that.

"i thought you wanted to give it closure soon-ah... i can't- he stopped talking once he sat on the bed. his shoulders down, defeated, as his eyes fixed on a lost point on their beige carpet.

she felt guilty and stupid. deep inside she knew he had taken too much, way too much than he signed up for.

no other man in the world would forgive and forget what she did to him.

"i am sorry." she said, tears menacing to come down her cheeks.

he shook his head softly, somehow hurt over what his eyes witnessed in that place, minutes ago.

"are you in love with him?" he asked, once they stayed silent for over a minute.

the tone was hurt and sad. it was clear that he was hurting, the way he looked at her, his body language, even the way he stared at her.

he was heartbroken.

"i won't see him ever again, i promise – she said dragging to his feet, holding his hands and kissing them softly – he's out of our lives, for good." she added desperately.

somehow the thought of losing kihyun after all this, mortified her. she hated just think of it.

she couldn't picture now her life without kihyun in it.

"please, forgive me." she begged once more.

he stared into her brown begging eyes and felt his heart twitching.