s e v e n t e e n

•  

the next days were nerve-wracking for soon. she was decided to help hyungwon to get out of jail. he had expressed it hadn't been his fault completely and she believed him. she knew the real chae hyungwon wasn't a violent person, only one of his identities was.

"are we making a mistake by signing this?" dr. lee asked, re-reading the medical report that stated that hyungwon was mentally unstable and that he had acted only based on his illness.

soon nodded. "we need to help him... sajangnim you know it's not his fault entirely, it's the DID." she argumented.

"he stabbed one of the staff members, a nurse." he emphasized.

soon looked down and sighed. it was true, he had stabbed hyunwoo, his nurse. the man who has taken care of him since he arrived this clinic. it had been awful.

but thankfully hyunwoo was alright, still in intensive care but stable. "he's alright. he'll be fine-

"soon-ah..." dr. lee interrupted her with a cautious tone. "don't you think it's better if he's locked away? i mean... i don't want to sound heartless but- he ran a hand through his silver hair - it's a problem less for us, right?"

those words made her blood boil, she almost couldn't believe her own ears. "please, sign the document."

dr. lee glanced at the document in front of him and then back at her. "are you sure?" he asked.

soon just nodded. "i take full responsibility dr. lee." she finally added. after having meditating the whole night about this, soon's final words made him finally make the decision.

dr. lee grabbed the pen and signed the documents. hyungwon was now a step closer to be free, kind of.

soon took them almost desperately and kept them inside of a folder. "thank you." she said with a serious tone, bowing to the man to finally leave his office.

she hated the fact that she had to practically beg him to sign the documents. she couldn't believe how someone who had founded a clinic like that, to help the mentally ill people, would refuse to help an actual patient, even if it was hyungwon, who had stabbed a nurse.

her phone beeped on her way out, she checked the id and quickly answered the call. "chaeyeong-ssi? how are you? you returned my call."

soon had been trying to get in touch with hyunwoo's family, at least with his wife. she was dying to know about his state but even if she dialed hyunwoo's number several times, his wife didn't answer.

"soon-ssi... - she heard the woman wiping behind the phone – i am sorry. we've- we've been really worried about hyunwoo... but he... he woke up finally, this morning." apparently the woman was crying of happiness.

a smile was drawn on soon's face. "really? oh my god, that's such great news, can i see him? i need to ask him some questions-

"of course you can see him... but please don't talk about work, we want him to rest properly." the woman quickly added.

soon bit her tongue as she felt disappointed over hyunwoo's wife request.

she needed to know what have happened between hyunwoo and hyungwon, it was necessary in order to understand him better. "sure. i am on my way." she finally said, ending the call.

soon had cancelled a few of her therapy sessions those days, she'd move them to different times and skipped the patients who were making the most progress since she knew hyungwon is who needed her the most.