f o r t y s i x

•    

"you rejected me and hurt me... and now you're going to pay for what you did." his words and tone were the most serious she had seen in him.

she felt running out of air each passing second. her whole body ached.

"p-please... hyungwon-ah... i am s-sorry. i am s-sorry for what ha-ppened and for what i-i did to you." she managed to say before the room started spinning around. her hands held tightly onto his, as she let out a final sigh.

suddenly, the grip around her neck loose a bit and she felt the air again coming inside her lungs.

her body dropped to the floor as it started shaking violentely. she blinked twice and noticed his shadow taking steps back.

he'd look at his hands as if he couldn't believe what he just did and soon tears began to fall from his eyes. "i-i- i am s-sorry... dr. park." he cried.

she looked up at him and realized nam gun was gone. "h-hyungwon?" she muttered his name.

he was crying, staring down at her with shock. he couldn't believe what his eyes saw. himself, strangling soon.

"please... forgive me, i didn't know- he couldn't finish. he wanted to help her but he was afraid how she would react if he come close to her.

soon managed to stand from the ground, holding onto the wall as she breathed in for air.

the tears had stop fallen but her cheeks were flushed, red, just as the marks on her neck. she coughed a few times and tried to make her way towards the door, but suddenly dropped midway.

hyungwon reached out for her hand and pulled her towards his body in a protective embrace. "are you alright dr. park?" but truth be told, she was confused.

she had lost air and the room were still spinning around. "i just need to sit for a minute..." she said with difficulty.

hyungwon took her out of the room and towards the couches and left her there. he rushed to the kitchen and quickly returned with a full glass of water.

he obviously fell guilty. he knew it had been him, but not entirely. he was dying to know who did it, who from his alters.

"dr. park?" he called her name, still keeping some distance. he didn't want to upset her more.

she remained silent, her eyes closed as she tried to regularize her breathing.

"i can... swear you, it wasn't my intention." but soon knew this already. it had been hyungwon's body who did it, but mentally, it had been someone else.

she moved his hand, trying to tell him it was fine. "i know." she simply said.

he moved nervously on his spot, playing with the hem of his hoodie. "i wouldn't do anything to hurt you." he added.

she nodded softly, leaving the glass of water on top of the coffee table. she felt heartbroken and sad.

her suspicions about inho and nam gun being the same alter were confirmed.

she cursed herself mentally because a part of her suspected it and knew it partially, she just didn't want to admit it yet.

a few tears ran down her cheeks but she quickly tried to wipe them away.

everything that happened between them didn't mean a thing. it had been only an acting, at least from inho's side.

was he even real?