f o r t y f i v e

•    

"unless you explain to me everything. the real reason why you took me out of the clinic sedated and why you brought me here... only then, i'd be able to sleep."he raised his finger, nervously as he pointed at her.

soon's eyes widened as she felt the nerves growing inside. "h-hyungwon..." she muttered, surprised over his decisive tone.

"please... do not lie to me anymore. what are you hiding?" he asked.

for a second, soon contemplated the possible scenarios if she told him the real truth.

maybe the alters would come out, maybe nam gun would try to kill her this time for good.

maybe she'd hurt hyungwon with the truth, after all, he couldn't remember anything.

"i... - she thought about lie, again, but she knew hyungwon wasn't exactly stupid.

he hadn't believed in her the first time and he wouldn't a second.

"i think... that maybe after that one night stand... i believe you developed feelings for me... deep feelings." she said with care, as if she was trying to explain to a little kid.

hyungwon frowned. "what?"

soon didn't want to admit he was obsessed with her to the point he became her stalker and even the police had been involved in all.

"listen – she raised her hands – i didn't remember any of this either... until i was cleaning my house last weekend and found that picture, i – she sighed, dropping her hands to her thighs and shaking her head – that's when i remembered what have happened." she shrugged.

"i don't know what to say to you." it wasn't far from the truth. all of what she said to him was true.

she was just hiding a big part of it too and she was going to tell him, eventually, when the time was right.

hyungwon remained silent for a few seconds, trying to find some sense into all of it and even trying to remember at least something. "were those feelings... mutual?" he didn't dare to look at her.

soon's silence was answer enough for him. he looked away, clearly ashamed.

"i had a boyfriend back then... we had broken up but- she sighed, closing her eyes – my feelings remained intact. i am sorry." she added.

he nodded softly, as if he understood.

his shoulders rose and fell in a giving up manner. "i understand." hyungwon's lips pressed on a thin line.

"is that the whole truth?" he turned to look at her this time. soon felt her body tensing at his intense stare.

she opened her mouth to say something but then shut it. as an answer, she just nodded.

she hesitated for a second, the expectation almost devouring her. she was counting the seconds to know if hyungwon had believed in her, but apparently, he did.

"well... i am sorry for that as well. i never meant to make you feel uncomfortable." he muttered, laying down on his side. his big hands resting on his stomach, his eyes focused on the wooden roof.

she did the same. "it's okay. it's in the past now." she said softly as she adapted the same position. "are you going to be able to sleep now?" soon's voice echoed softly inside the room after she asked the question.